She Freak and Young Teens

2»

Comments

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,280
    edited July 2012

Facial morphs seem to be more flexible with Genesis than Gen4. But then, that's what Genesis was designed for. Still, there are some pieces missing (like old people morphs) and of course the more features you add the harder it is to find what you want when you're looking for it.

Just this week Ironman13 released a V4 package called 'Fountain of youth' which is designed to make it possible to de-age an existing Victoria 4 character morph. The examples do look younger than the starting points, but it doesn't look like an easy fix.

At least this pack does work in Studio, even though it's for Gen4. There's a morph package of Ironman13's which can produce a stunning iteration of the classic tight-lacer body ideal (whether that was an actual result of cumulative tight-lacing or a platonic ideal made familiar from artist representations and photo retouchers is immaterial), but even though it's for V4 it claims to be only for Poser. It looks like something that might be very useful for Genesis, but I haven't a clue as to whether it would port over or be usable once ported. It's extreme enough that I'm not sure even genesis clothing would follow it.

Post edited by JOdel on
  • RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,800
    edited September 2012

Haslor said:
    Sorry for being a stickler, but I'm working on several stories where I'm using Studio for Character portraits.

Glad to finally hear that I'm not the only one! :-) Yeah, I don't really make scenes as much as I make character visuals.

And THIS, people, is why I'm constantly nagging for generation updates. :)

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

If you are interested in She-Freak, you may be interested in the morph set I am working on called Amazona for Genesis...

Amazona3.jpg
    652 x 777 - 50K
  • riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,405
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    If you are interested in She-Freak, you may be interested in the morph set I am working on called Amazona for Genesis...

You've got my attention!

edited December 1969

Wow! She looks fantastic! She looks like she'll make a great replacement for Fiona (my dignified name for She-Freak, who's NOT in anyway, a freak)! :-)

edited September 2012

Thanks, guys. I am looking to finish her up in a month or so and possibly put her up for sale, but that part of the equation has always mystified me.

She will have a custom body with a few presets offered if you have certain morph packages (Evolution:Muscularity, adam001's Proportion morphs, etc) and I already have 5 custom faces for her to boot. Originally the one pictured was called Diana but I renamed her Minerva but I have another named Diana now who more suits the name in my eyes. I have, so far: Minerva, Diana, Demeter, Brunhilde, and Wilhelmina and working on Mariko and Tanganika.

I am fumbling at making certain props for her but if you have the ability and would like to volunteer to help, I would not be too proud about accepting assistance. *chuckle* I have ZBrush now but have yet to find the "Make what you want from your imagination" button and there are apparently a few more steps involved. *chuckle*

Well, I will try and keep you guys posted in the future on her progress with more pics when I render them.

Amazona1.jpg
    652 x 777 - 68K
    Post edited by RKane_1 on
    edited September 2012

I can't wait! :-)

It really is a damn shame... Here was so much opportunity that DAZ, themselves could have taken the initiative on by making Young Teens 5 and She-Freak 5, but it looks like they really DID want us to do it ourselves.

Though, with that I got to ask; are you intending on giving it off as DAZ Originals like Thorne did with the Basic Youth morphs, or are you going to sell it in your own name?

edited September 2012

I honestly don't know.

I am in the beginning stages of creating the textures for the set and I still want to work on the morphs a bit more.

I am trying to find more info on how to submit and getting VERY valuable input from a few vendors about presentation and such.

My HOPE is to sell it through DAZ although I know there is a longer waiting time than at other locations but I like DAZ and want to show some loyalty.

Other than that, my plans are undefined.

Post edited by RKane_1 on
    edited September 2012

RKane_1 said:
    I honestly don't know.

I am in the beginning stages of creating the textures for the set and I still want to work on the morphs a bit more.

I am trying to find more info on how to submit and getting VERY valuable input from a few vendors about presentation and such.

My HOPE is to sell it through DAZ although I know there is a longer waiting time than at other locations but I like DAZ and want to show some loyalty.

Other than that, my plans are undefined.

Ahh, I see, still too early to tell then. Perfectly understandable. But yeah, I'd go and do that myself regarding asking around for presentation advice. And it's just as good to hear that you're willing to consider making it a DAZ Original, because that way you can attract PC coupon user such as myself. ;)

Ah hell, I'd buy it anyway, just to show that we, the DAZ Community care much more about making a full Millennium Generation roster more than DAZ does.