Phonemes for Lip Sync/Mimic

Hello,

I have created a character and have been in the process of creating the phonemes for it's speech, to use either with the lip sync or in mimic (I have mimic lite currently).

Before the forum update and the mess up of the old forum posts I had found a few useful guides as to what phonemes I need for either of the two to work well.

However, even with this there wasn't a complete list of them.

Could someone please direct me to or provide me with the information list of which phonemes I need to make. Picture examples would be good but I can work out the shapes myself if needed (as I have a mouth myself...)

What is most needed is the sounds that are actually made (it is not always clear from the letters that are assigned to each phoneme what sound is represented and therefore the shape of the mouth).

for example, 'ih' or the difference between 'uw' and 'ow'.

It also seems that the letters used to symbolise sounds that daz uses is different from some other lists of phonemes I have come across, so it would be very useful to have a complete list of the sounds required and the letters that I need to assign to each one so that they work in lip sync/mimic.

So, in summary, it would be great to have a full list of phonemes with the correct letters that represent them, and the sounds that they make, and then which ones of these are the basic requirements for a good lip syncing animation (I think there are about 11-17?)

I have looked through the docs for mimc pro and there just isn't a list of all 40 phonemes used.

I would be most grateful to anyone who helps me with this as this project is really dragging on now...

Many thanks
Richard

Comments