Possible to render for a Linear workflow in Carrara?

Hi, does anyone know whether it is possible to render with a linear workflow in mind in Carrara? I have footage that was filmed using a flat profile. This needs to be comped with renders from Carrara and it would be nice if the renders could be done in log colour space and then comped later converting everything in one go to Rec. 709 colour space with a LUT. 

Comments

• Yes. PhilW covers it in his excellent realism video series:

http://www.daz3d.com/carrara-realism-rendering-training-video

• 0104 Gamma And Linear Workflow In Carrara

I think he's discussed it in a thread here. I couldn't find it. You might have better luck than I did.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited August 2016

I found it! I really like my Forum Help Links index for finding these older (and not-so-old) threads! Here it is:

Linear Workflow - Gamma Coorection = 2.2 - by Phil Wilkes

I have pruchased the Realism Rendering course via Infinite Skills, taught by our very own Phil Wilkes, and I really like it. I may not be following the scientific necessities of a Linear Workflow, but after being really reluctant to do so at first, I am always following Phil's advice on this topic now. He goes into great detail in the above thread, too! 

Don't hesitate to revitalize that thread if you have any further questions. It'll give those folloowing the thread a nudge in their e-mail, which can get your questions answered faster, and by those that are really into the topic - which was my main reason for starting the Forum Help Links index in the first place ;)

...which is found in the stickied thread:

►►► Carrara Information Manual ◄◄◄ 

(in the Table of Contents on the first page)

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • Thank you so much Dartanbeck and BrianP21361.