Embedded Hierarchical Poses: can they be undone?

vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,871

Is there any way to undo an embedded hierarchical pose? I've run into issues with four different sets of footwear now, one of which is an older item that I never knew had a hierarchical pose, because the option wasn't active in Studio until recently.

As long as I use the items on the figure that they were intended for, there isn't a problem. The hierarchical pose works as intended.

If I try to use Cross-Figure or Autofit to any other figure, the shoe doesn't know how to function. The foot gets posed to fit into the shoe, and the shoe gets posed behind/underneath the foot.

Oddly, one set, when used for the figure for which it's designed, the shoe fits properly to the foot, but the hierarchical pose doesn't work and the foot is flat on the ground with the shoe sole at a weird angle; when fitted to any other figure, the hierarchical pose snaps into place. (And there's no separate foot pose, so basically, maximum irritation all around.)

The really irritating one is an older item, which I didn't even know had a hierarchical pose, because Studio couldn't deal with them before 4.8. Now it snaps into place. Fine for G2F, sucks for everyone else.

I've tried putting the items into the scene unfitted, posing the character, then fitting the shoes, but that doesn't work.

Is there any way to make shoes and boots just not do that when you fit them to a character?

(It occurs to me to add: I don't use Hexagon or Blender or anything like that, so ideally, a solution that doesn't involve modeling in any way, shape, or form would be much appreciated.)

Post edited by vwrangler on

Comments

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,871

Never mind(ish): I found a tutorial by Sickleyield that more or less works. One thing to note is that if you're transferring from one side of Genesis 3 to the other, you need to do almost all the steps; don't skip from step 1 to step 5. The one thing you do NOT need to do is to translate the weight maps, since all Genesis 3 stuff is general weight anyway.

It doesn't work on everything. At least one of the Genesis 2 shoes I tried it on just flatly refused to re-rig properly. And I haven't tried it on that one pair where the hierarchical pose only works with figures other than the one it's meant for, since I have no idea how to get that to work. Also, since it doesn't have its own footpose, it'll be a massive pain to get things to work.