.tiff render size

When using DazStudio 3x and rendering a .tiff the sizes ranged from 200 to 250 meg for a simple scene. I duplicated as many of the render settings from 3x to 4.9 and the .tiff came out to 55 meg. I'm totally confused as to why. I don't really like the interface of 4.9 and that's why I still use 3x. Is there a setting I've missed? I have attached a pic of the settings. The render is of Michael 6 in the DM Suit, with Stonemason's Urban Sprawl.

settings.JPG
613 x 1036 - 95K

Comments

• A different image library, I think, so it's a difference in compression (Tiff compression is lossless). It might also be that your DS4 tiff lacks an alpha channel, though that shouldn't make such a huge difference..

• A different image library, I think, so it's a difference in compression (Tiff compression is lossless). It might also be that your DS4 tiff lacks an alpha channel, though that shouldn't make such a huge difference..

I do know that when I convert a render from 3x .tiff to a .jpg I sometime get a message that I will loose translucency. How do I change image librarys. I have been using 3x for a long time but trying to learn 4.9

• You don't - I was meaning the code for handling image input/output, which is using a standard code library in DS 4 but a different library (or custom code, I don't know) in DS 3 (and earlier builds of DS 4 - I think the change to the current library was in 4.7).