Little help with Geometry Editor?

I'm trying to take the next step in Daz.  Trying to customize and create my own meshes.  I've gotten as far as discovering the Geometry Editor tool.  There I've hit a wall.  I can't find any decent online tutorials on how to use it, nor can I find any kind of manual on the Daz support page.  Some simple explanations of what each of the menu choices do would be a huge help.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,918

You can't model within Daz Studio. All there is is general shapes that you can add to a scene. You need a modeling app to make your own meshes.

• The Geometry Editor tools allows you to "Assign polygons" as "Face Groups", "Surfaces", "Regions" and "Selection sets". It helps you when rigging/weight mapping a figure or when assigning Shaders to certain surfaces (like, a different shader for the skin and different shader for the eyes).

DAZ has pretty much no modelling ability - it can rig/weight map figures though. 

• tring01tring01 Posts: 305

Finally found what I was looking for.  Winterbrose has some excellent tutorials on his YouTube channel.  Stuff I've not seen anyone else do.  This is the one I was looking for: