Smart Content (and content library) is empty

Hi guys, 

I'm having an issue with my smart content and the content library. I messed something up, while trying to clean up files that I had deleted from my computer. This triangle with an exclamation mark always stayed behind and this was pretty annoying. 

However, in trying to do so I seemed to have messed it up big time. Now nearly ALL my files have this icon and I can't load anything into the scene (see attached image). 

I think I really messed it up when I tried changing the content directory manager (I was also trying to add a different folder with content to Daz). 
I added a new content set there, and it changed directories in the original content set as well. Hence all my files are now unaccessible. 
I'm adding an image of how that one looks as well (after trying to restore it but no luck). 

I hope you guys can help me! I mess up a lot in this program, definitely more difficult to use than Poser (although I like the performance and characters way, way better!).

Thanks so much,
Wokkie

Screenshot 2016-08-16 18.03.05.png
516 x 801 - 72K
Screenshot 2016-08-16 18.08.10.png
931 x 543 - 75K

Comments

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited August 2016

Remove the path under DAZ Studio format, it is creating a 'nesting' situation as is it ointing to a sub-folder of the second path.  Add second path to Poser Formats.  Reset the database then re-import the meta data.

Post edited by jestmart on
  • Thanks for the quick reply, I really appreciate it! 
    Will I have to make back-ups of all my own created content before resetting the database? Thank you

• Update: I just wanted to say thanks again. I reset the database, which seems to have given me a 'clean' install. I did have to download everything again though, so all the files are still double on my computer. 
    At least it's working again though, so that's great!

• The database does not contain the content, it only indexes and categorises it - resetting the database will not have any effect on your own items.

Normally you would also have the C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\ folder under the Poser Formats and Daz Studio Formats lists - that is the default location for Install Manager to write to.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    I added a new content set there

I've never come across a situation where I need to do this — what I always do is add the new content location to the existing content set. This means using the middle set of buttons, not the top set.