The Complaint Thread - The Final Countdown

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Spyro said:
    I remember the theme of UK anthem... But like the US one... I don't know the words to them.

God save our old tom cat
    feed him on bread and fat
    God save our cat.

...ah, the anthem of the women's loo at Paddington where the late Tiddles once resided.

I still think the theme song of my adopted country is better than the one for the whole of the UK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtCOprRDUm8

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,112
    edited December 1969

I write my rough draft for myself and only myself. Maybe I can get something that I can share with others or maybe not. I mainly write for myself.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

I am learning to listen to my vibe sense of people. If I get a bad vibe, that person is probably no good. It has to do with how he acts and behaves. How he talks. It is about the whole package of how he behaves, even the most minute thing my mind picks up and then combine it all and process it to see if I can trust him or not. My brain does it automatically it has become second nature. I observe the world, consciously and subconsciously. I try to see as many details I can, but I also have a filter so I will not get overwhelmed with all the details. Even though I notice a lot of things, I try to focus on the task on hand, but sometimes that is hard.

I met a guy yesterday and the vibe I got from him is that he is not good for me.

Thoughtful and discriminating is a good thing, best to use brain before body turns it off rather than after hey :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    I am learning to listen to my vibe sense of people. If I get a bad vibe, that person is probably no good. It has to do with how he acts and behaves. How he talks. It is about the whole package of how he behaves, even the most minute thing my mind picks up and then combine it all and process it to see if I can trust him or not. My brain does it automatically it has become second nature. I observe the world, consciously and subconsciously. I try to see as many details I can, but I also have a filter so I will not get overwhelmed with all the details. Even though I notice a lot of things, I try to focus on the task on hand, but sometimes that is hard.

I met a guy yesterday and the vibe I got from him is that he is not good for me.

Thoughtful and discriminating is a good thing, best to use brain before body turns it off rather than after hey :)

I have a smart brain and I should use it.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Spyro said:
    I remember the theme of UK anthem... But like the US one... I don't know the words to them.

God save our old tom cat
    God save our cat.

...ah, the anthem of the women's loo at Paddington where the late Tiddles once resided.

Cuteh kittehs can surely haz the world in their claws :)

edited December 1969

i peeked in that thread once, won't do it again.

what to render today?
    anyone want a faerie? or catgirrl? naughty tentacles?

Sucker for tentacles and catgrrrrls here :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

I have a smart brain and I should use it.

I try to be thoughtful, even if I get it wrong it feels more comfortable than the alternative :)

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    tjohn said:
    AtticAnne said:
    Have anything to do with cows, tjohn?

Has everything to do with cows, Anne. :lol:

Hmm now I am intrigued, come on fill us non US types in, why don't you.
    Hockey (sometimes "bull hockey") - Southern US slang, including use in the states of Tennessee and Texas and probably most others as well.
    1) feces; bull feces. obviously a polite substitution for the "s" word that even my Mom allowed me to say as a child :)
    2) nonsense.
    Actually more acceptable in general than the more wide-spread (no pun intended, but what the heck) "doo-doo" or "poo" around here.
    And yeah, "field hockey" makes me think of cow manure or "cow pies" or "cow patties".

Well, you asked. :lol:

edited December 1969

BTW, I grew up on a farm, we had pastures with cattle. The first thing you learn is to watch where you step. :)

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    BTW, I grew up on a farm, we had pastures with cattle. The first thing you learn is to watch where you step. :)

You mean that cow pies have to be avoided? I am a city gal so I have no experience with cow pies.

edited November 2012

Also BTW the US appropriated the melody of the UK Anthem for a patriotic song (not our Anthem tho).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Country,_Tis_of_Thee
    We appropriated the melody for our Anthem from an old British drinking song.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oh_Say_Can_You_See
    It seem we do better with lyrics than with melodies in the States. :)

Post edited by TJohn on
    edited November 2012

tjohn said:
    Also BTW the US appropriated the melody of the UK Anthem for a patriotic song (not our Anthem tho).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Country,_Tis_of_Thee
    We appropriated the melody for our Anthem from an old British drinking song.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oh_Say_Can_You_See
    It seem we do better with lyrics than with melodies in the States. :)

A lot has been written about the war of 1812 cos of the bicentenary but there seems to have been little comment on the origins of star spangled banner this year :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:

You mean that cow pies have to be avoided? I am a city gal so I have no experience with cow pies.

Just don't go barefoot is my advice :)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Rubber boots, people. If you go to a farm and want to wander around the pastures, wear rubber boots.

edited November 2012

Sitting in the shade and sound of wind soughing thru the branches of a big ol tree, well big for these parts anyhow and it's drowning out some heavy traffic noise. Sometimes the city smells stale and this is one of them, from storm debris floating down the river I guess. Been still for a while and there are big white and black magpies pecking now almost at my feet for scraps off takeaway food wrappers. I guess everything is on a junk food diet now :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited December 1969

...bah! Oregon Ducks, which have been scoring an average of 42 pts. per game, lose to Stanford 17 - 14 in overtime.

...bah! Wisconsin, which mopped the field with Illinois last week, loses to Ohio State (which is ineligible for any bowl games due to NCAA infractions) 21 - 14 in overtime.

...bah! Notre Dame is still undefeated and will be #1 tomorrow.

...not the trifecta I was looking for.

...glad I don't gamble on sports.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...bah! Oregon Ducks, which have been scoring an average of 42 pts. per game, lose to Stanford 17 - 14 in overtime.

...bah! Wisconsin, which mopped the field with Illinois last week, loses to Ohio State (which is ineligible for any bowl games due to NCAA infractions) 21 - 14 in overtime.

...bah! Notre Dame is still undefeated and will be #1 tomorrow.

...not the trifecta I was looking for.

...glad I don't gamble on sports.

K-State lost to Baylor which ruined any chance for a Big 12 team. Looks like Notre Dame against Alabama or LSU for the National Championship, but things change. Damn Baylor, you ran over my team.

edited December 1969

x posted from the realistic not thread. Puss in Boots is on TV, lolcat pron :)

AASIS0508.jpg
    1500 x 628 - 125K
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Borg that is a brilliant render! I really like that one. There's so much story that comes from the artwork. Well done :)

edited December 1969

I don't know why I open Facebook. It just gives me the shits. I'm considering deleting 90% of the so called friends list... Most don't even speak to you it's pathetic :(

edited December 1969

It is a nice but cold Sunday morning. My ear is a bit feeling better but now it hurts a little. I am also hearing a slight ring out of it.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    Spyro said:

God save our old tom cat
    God save our cat.

I still think the theme song of my adopted country is better than the one for the whole of the UK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtCOprRDUm8

sounds like a christmas song. :)

edited December 1969

i tried to post a thank you in the pc forum, but it kept saying 'not at this time'.

edited December 1969

Misty! I didn't recognize you lol! Forum thinks its spam. Try adding a differen work or add a full stop or a smilie

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    I don't know why I open Facebook. It just gives me the shits. I'm considering deleting 90% of the so called friends list... Most don't even speak to you it's pathetic :(

LOL how true that is. The only one I really talk to is my son, but every once in a while a cuz or two.

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Re-installing, re-installing,
    Lots of files, coffee calling
    First an Aiko, then a Vicky
    Then some M4, 'cause he's tricky
    Freaks and Trolls, a texture map
    All this work, s lots of crap!

:bug: :bug: :bug:

edited December 1969

Re-installing, re-installing,
    Lots of files, coffee calling
    First an Aiko, then a Vicky
    Then some M4, 'cause he's tricky
    Freaks and Trolls, a texture map
    All this work, s lots of crap!

:bug: :bug: :bug:

A constant song and dance, but we do it cause we love it.

edited November 2012

i cantz render tentacles til after i eat.

monn, i'm in a totally reggae mood. jommin, wee bee jommin.

yayy my pizza is baking

the parrot is dancing lol

wheres da after beach party happnin monn? :)

domino2.png
    443 x 173 - 121K
    domino.png
    811 x 205 - 270K
    Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Misty! I didn't recognize you lol! Forum thinks its spam. Try adding a differen work or add a full stop or a smilie

tee hee i put my christmas bonnet on. 35 days jingle them bells

edited December 1969

lol i see :cheese: misty seems mysterious... she no like to show her face?

This discussion has been closed.