Genesis Supersuit for G2 and G3

i'd like to suggest a conversion of the Genesis Supersuit to G2M&F and G3M&F. Much like the Morphing Fantasy Dress, which is available for all of the DAZ figures, I'd like to see a similar treatment for the Genesis Supersuit. There's some great content available for the Supersuit which could be a great asset for the new generations of Genesis figures. The Supersuit is too good a product to allow to be forgotten!

Along with the Supersuit, similar updates could be done for the Boots, Belt, and Cape. I know there are new superhero suits available, but having multiple versions of clothing hasn't stopped vendors from creating multiple swimsuits, bustiers, or lingerie. Having more options is always good for creativity.

Thanks for listening.

Comments

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,223

Not sure they would do that since there is this now:

http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-superhero-bundle

• Sphinx MagooSphinx Magoo Posts: 585
    edited August 2016

Not sure they would do that since there is this now:

http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-superhero-bundle

True, but the shaping options with the Supersuit (http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-supersuit) are so much more detailed which allows for a greater variety in what can be made.

Then there's all the add-ons which have been created for the Supersuit. I counted up about 15 or so add-ons that expand the range of costumes that are possible. That's a nice backlog of items that can be sold to customers who want to outfit their G3 and G2 characters.

Post edited by Sphinx Magoo on
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited August 2016

I would just autofit it. The supersuit was designed with the mesh flow of Genesis 1 in mind, so it doesn't exist on later versions, the amount of morphs made it unweildly for conversion as well as shaders that would be needed to converted as well. This is far different from the mesh of morphing dress where you could remake the movement morphs and add in a few fits for characters such as V7.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
  • I would just autofit it. The supersuit was designed with the mesh flow of Genesis 1 in mind, so it doesn't exist on later versions, the amount of morphs made it unweildly for conversion as well as shaders that would be needed to converted as well. This is far different from the mesh of morphing dress where you could remake the movement morphs and add in a few fits for characters such as V7.

I've done plenty of Autofits with the Supersuit to G2, and I've found that a lot of the shaping morphs tend to get lost in translation. It makes it hard to tweak the Supersuit once it's been conformed to G2. If the Supersuit were redone for G2 and G3, that Autofit problem might not be an issue. My hope to get G2 and G3 versions of the Supersuit comes from some of that frustration that comes with an Autofit.

edited August 2016

I would just autofit it. The supersuit was designed with the mesh flow of Genesis 1 in mind, so it doesn't exist on later versions, the amount of morphs made it unweildly for conversion as well as shaders that would be needed to converted as well. This is far different from the mesh of morphing dress where you could remake the movement morphs and add in a few fits for characters such as V7.

I've done plenty of Autofits with the Supersuit to G2, and I've found that a lot of the shaping morphs tend to get lost in translation. It makes it hard to tweak the Supersuit once it's been conformed to G2. If the Supersuit were redone for G2 and G3, that Autofit problem might not be an issue. My hope to get G2 and G3 versions of the Supersuit comes from some of that frustration that comes with an Autofit.

As I said, it's not a simple refit. The supersuit was made specifically for Genesis 1 due to how it's mesh flow is. It fits exactly to genesis 1. You would have to redo the whole thing for newer generations along with all the morphs, which is why you have the Genesis 3 suit, and not a refit. Your best bet is to to autofit the previous generations. For all the work that went into it, I doubt you'll see it being touched for newer generations. .

That said, if you have GenX2 or the G2 Clones for genesis, you could dial the shape that is causing the issue on G2, export the obj of the shape and reimport it in Genesis 2 as fit.

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,820

"I've done plenty of Autofits with the Supersuit to G2, and I've found that a lot of the shaping morphs tend to get lost in translation. It makes it hard to tweak the Supersuit once it's been conformed to G2. If the Supersuit were redone for G2 and G3, that Autofit problem might not be an issue. My hope to get G2 and G3 versions of the Supersuit comes from some of that frustration that comes with an Autofit."

Hi as a Marvel comic enthusiast I too am  big fan of the original supersuit but it seems unlikley that we will see G2,G3 version in light of the new "hero" suit linked above.

I have invested in the GENX 2 plugin which works in both directions
    GENX 2 allows us to transfer G2 ,and now even G3 Shapes, "back in time" ( Rune,Ivan,Bethany etc) to Genesis 1 who can wear the original super suit natively without issues.

• I would just autofit it. The supersuit was designed with the mesh flow of Genesis 1 in mind, so it doesn't exist on later versions, the amount of morphs made it unweildly for conversion as well as shaders that would be needed to converted as well. This is far different from the mesh of morphing dress where you could remake the movement morphs and add in a few fits for characters such as V7.

As I said, it's not a simple refit. The supersuit was made specifically for Genesis 1 due to how it's mesh flow is. It fits exactly to genesis 1. You would have to redo the whole thing for newer generations along with all the morphs, which is why you have the Genesis 3 suit, and not a refit. Your best bet is to to autofit the previous generations. For all the work that went into it, I doubt you'll see it being touched for newer generations. .

That said, if you have GenX2 or the G2 Clones for genesis, you could dial the shape that is causing the issue on G2, export the obj of the shape and reimport it in Genesis 2 as fit.

...and yet, Luthbel created a G3M of the War Dog set (http://www.daz3d.com/war-dog-remastered-hd-for-genesis-3-male-s). Here's a Genesis set that's been updated for the new generation of figures. Then there's the Morphing Fantasy Dress line, which started with V3 and is still going strong with versions for G2F and G3F.

Maybe the trick for updating the Supersuit to the new generation of figures is to offer an HD version with Iray textures.

I don't understand the pushback against this idea. It's a product suggestion, like the topic is supposed to be about. It might not be your thing, but I think it'd be a viable product that I'd be willing to support with my buying dollars. There are problems I've encountered in using Autofit with G2 and G3. Maybe a native version would be a solid solution.

edited August 2016

...and yet, Luthbel created a G3M of the War Dog set (http://www.daz3d.com/war-dog-remastered-hd-for-genesis-3-male-s). Here's a Genesis set that's been updated for the new generation of figures. Then there's the Morphing Fantasy Dress line, which started with V3 and is still going strong with versions for G2F and G3F.

Maybe the trick for updating the Supersuit to the new generation of figures is to offer an HD version with Iray textures.

I don't understand the pushback against this idea. It's a product suggestion, like the topic is supposed to be about. It might not be your thing, but I think it'd be a viable product that I'd be willing to support with my buying dollars. There are problems I've encountered in using Autofit with G2 and G3. Maybe a native version would be a solid solution.

You're confusing a refit with a redo. Again, the genesis supersuit with it's hundreds of morphs, and material zones was made specifically to match G1's mesh flow, with is why there were no bikini-based materials made for it like the body suits for gen4. Luthbel and the morphing dress are not mesh flow based, so those can be refit. To work with G2 and G3, the suit would have to be redesigned to fit not only the mesh flow of g2 and g3, with those material zones and morphs, there would need to be a male and female version of the outfit. Sure this is a product suggestion, but it's not a viable one, hence you have new outfits for g3. This issues you are having withthe suit on later genesis characters is because of the mesh flow of the suit conflicting with the mesh flow of the genesis 2 and 3 characters and it's messing up the morphs.

The thing about genesis was that a few new things that were done that carried over from generation to generation, like the automatic morph generation, adjustable rigging and geografting. There was also several ideas that died with genesis 1; the neutral gender and anything associated with it.. like the supersuit with it's shader based materials, unwieldly amounts of morphs and pa-unfriendly development. It was a problematic product to make, that's why the new version was severely simplified.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,961

What problems have been encountered fitting Genesis supersuit on later figures? I do it fairly frequently...

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,961

Whipped this up. Looks fine to me, supersuit on G2M.

Is there something specific that's failing?

G2M Adventurer.png
    1080 x 1080 - 2M

You're confusing a refit with a redo. Again, the genesis supersuit with it's hundreds of morphs, and material zones was made specifically to match G1's mesh flow, with is why there were no bikini-based materials made for it like the body suits for gen4. Luthbel and the morphing dress are not mesh flow based, so those can be refit. To work with G2 and G3, the suit would have to be redesigned to fit not only the mesh flow of g2 and g3, with those material zones and morphs, there would need to be a male and female version of the outfit. Sure this is a product suggestion, but it's not a viable one, hence you have new outfits for g3. This issues you are having withthe suit on later genesis characters is because of the mesh flow of the suit conflicting with the mesh flow of the genesis 2 and 3 characters and it's messing up the morphs.

The thing about genesis was that a few new things that were done that carried over from generation to generation, like the automatic morph generation, adjustable rigging and geografting. There was also several ideas that died with genesis 1; the neutral gender and anything associated with it.. like the supersuit with it's shader based materials, unwieldly amounts of morphs and pa-unfriendly development. It was a problematic product to make, that's why the new version was severely simplified.

Wow. Now I understand. Thank you for clearing that up. I didn't realize that it would be such a complicated process.

You see, I have done Autofitting back and forth between each of the Genesis/G2/G2 figures, but one thing I always find is that unique morphs to clothing pieces get lost in the Autofit process. For example, in the Supersuit case, if I Autofit it to G3 and wanted to adjust a morph or even make a new morph, there was a good chance I wouldn't see them from the available morph list like I would if it were on Genesis. This isn't unique to the Supersuit either. For example, in the DM Suit (http://www.daz3d.com/dm-suit-for-genesis-2-male-s-and-michael-6), there's a really neat scarf; if I conform it to G3M, I lose all the shaping morphs. Maybe the Morphs are hidden and I have to Show Hidden Properties, but my workaround in that case was to treat the scarf as a prop and parent it to G3M's face.

But with my intermediate knowledge of working with DS, I thought maybe I was missing something in my Autofit process. Maybe there was a more satisfying workaround, but I would be willing to pay someone else for doing the work and tech support for something which is really just an expensive hobby for me.

Thank you for explaining the behind-the scenes work of what would be involved.

• i'd like to suggest a conversion of the Genesis Supersuit to G2M&F and G3M&F. Much like the Morphing Fantasy Dress, which is available for all of the DAZ figures, I'd like to see a similar treatment for the Genesis Supersuit. There's some great content available for the Supersuit which could be a great asset for the new generations of Genesis figures. The Supersuit is too good a product to allow to be forgotten!

Along with the Supersuit, similar updates could be done for the Boots, Belt, and Cape. I know there are new superhero suits available, but having multiple versions of clothing hasn't stopped vendors from creating multiple swimsuits, bustiers, or lingerie. Having more options is always good for creativity.

Thanks for listening.

When I autofit Supersuit to G3 it doesn't fully fit correctly I'm thinking about getting Genx to from G3 morphs to G1 to see if I can alive this