Now What?

edited December 1969 in New Users

Daz Studio is awesome. I'm getting a hang of it. But what is the next step? Is there a starter add-on package that I can purchase, or do I just wander through the store and try to figure it out. Seems like everything has dependencies. Do I need to pay attention to M4, M5, Genesis? Seems like I'm missing the "Where to go from here" step, once you've got the software somewhat figured out. Thanks!

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Well what you want to purchase is entirely up to you and your personal preferences and taste.

Anything with 4 on the end like M4, V4 and K4 etc are all what we call generation 4 figures which a lot of us, that have been doing this for a while, have got with a lot of content but if you are new then it may be wise to stick with Genesis. With the Gen 4 figures we needed to have a base figure for each Micheal 4 base, Victoria 4 base and Kid 4 base but Genesis can do it all. One Base for many shapes and sizes.

V5, M5, and Troll for Genesis etc are additional shapes which you can blend together to make your own freaky figures. :) Yes M4, V4 and K4 etc skin materials (textures) can be used on genesis without any additional plug-ins or content. Clothing for the generation 4 figures can be used on Genesis via the inbuilt AutoFit tool BUT the results can be hit and miss. So again it might be wise to stick with Genesis.

So yeah what ever you want.

May I suggest reading this first http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/10835/ it may help you decide what route to take.

• XoechZXoechZ Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

In the beginning it is a good idea to decide for a certain genre you want to work on. So, if you want to do fantasy renders you should look for fantasy stuff in the shop (clothes, props, ...). If you like Science Fiction stuff, look for this kind of products. And so on.

This way you get a good set of products which you can mix and match in your renders.

Later on you may want to buy some other things like certain lights, effects or shaders (materials) to get even better renders.

And keep in mind that, if you are not satisfied with a product, you can return it within 30 days.

• edited December 1969

Thanks so much for the info, this is very helpful. I'll stick to Genesis for now, and see how it goes. Nice article link too.

Walter

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

My pleasure and i am glad you liked it. :)