Why can't I start a new scene with landscape wizard?

grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,246
edited August 2016 in Carrara Discussion

I just bought Cararra 8.5 Pro, last version I used was 6.0 Pro. So wanted to jump in with a simple landscape and a sun sky. Went to File -> New and got the little pop up with three choices: Preset, Landscape Wizard, or Empty Scene.  However only Empty Scene can be selected, the other two are grayed out. Why is this?

EDIT: new information. I tried the File -> Open Preset and I got the error in the grahic below.  Huh?  I installed using DIM.

CararraNewPresetError.jpg
414 x 115 - 20K
Post edited by grinch2901 on

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

You need to install the "Carrara Native Content",. they are seperate downloads,. the Native Content has all the example Scenes, Sky's, Shaders,.. which the Wizards use to create an instant scene

Hope it helps :)

• grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,246

Okay, thanks. I found it in my product library even though it's not listed in DIM. Odd arrangement by DAZ to have a required package to make the product work properly be a stealth download only known to the initiated but if that's it, so be it. I'll give it a shot.  Thanks!

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

It should be in Dim ,. try filtering Dim to show "Carrara"

or,. you can right click on the Carrara listing in DIM to filter by your Order ID for Carrara,. to show all the files in that purchase.

The main program and the "native content" installers are split for a couple of reasons,. download size,. is one, ,but the "bundled content" which now includes Daz3D products, (hair caps, shaders, figures) have been added to what you get whenyou buy Carrara, so its now even bigger bundle of content,. so it;'a split into installers which make it easier to manage, and (for the developers) easier to update or change those items.

You should have another installer in DIM for the Hair caps for genesis1 /G2.

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634
    edited August 2016

Another way to filter in DIM is just type in "native content". I think you need two or three native content files... one is "Carrara 8 Native content" and the others "Carrara 8.5 Native Content" and most important "Carrara 8 Native Content". Go to the Help page HERE for instructions on what you need to do. Be sure to have Carrara 8.5 Pro installed first. Then install the Native Content.

Post edited by wgdjohn on

Thanks. None of that advice worked to find it in DIM. It's just not there. So I manually downloaded the three native content zip files and tried to just drag/drop them into the My Documents / DAZ 3d /Carrara 8.5 folders but that didnt work. Then I manually copied the zip files into the DIM download directory and DIM was then able to find them in the "Ready To Install" tab. Once I did that, it works fine.  Thanks!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579

On the "Ready to Download" tab click the "Download Filters" button and make sure both "Carrara 8.5" and "Plugin" are ticked.

Carrara format was not selected, plugin was. It still doesn't show up now that I ticked C8.5 but maybe that's because i did manage to install via DIM after manual download. Anyway it's working now. Moving forward I hope adding carrara to the download formats will prevent this.  thanks!