Oh-oh...folders gone!

SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,685
edited December 1969 in New Users

Ok, so I was in this cleaning mood and made nice categories so I'd be able to find my files better.
I am afraid I have been a bit too enthousiastic, because I can't load my material and scene files...
(I didn't delete anything, just merged a lot of maps)
I desperately tried to salvage what I could but I don't exactly know where to look for...
So in your oppinion, what would be easier?
Dig up all the files and rebuild the maps structures OR reinstall all files?
Meh, this isn't a good start of the week >>

Comments

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Imo you'd be better off installing the content again. It would be very time-consuming (not to mention tedious and boring) to move everything back in place manually.
    To keep your content organized you can create your own categories in DS. SnowSultan made a quick tutorial on this, you can find it on DevianArt : http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/art/Creating-Categories-in-DAZ-Studio-308244907
    Personally i make smart content for most of my stuff, i have to say it is very time-consuming (not to mention tedious and boring :lol: ) but i think it's worth the effort.

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,685
    edited December 1969

Imo you'd be better off installing the content again. It would be very time-consuming (not to mention tedious and boring) to move everything back in place manually.
    To keep your content organized you can create your own categories in DS. SnowSultan made a quick tutorial on this, you can find it on DevianArt : http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/art/Creating-Categories-in-DAZ-Studio-308244907
    Personally i make smart content for most of my stuff, i have to say it is very time-consuming (not to mention tedious and boring :lol: ) but i think it's worth the effort.

Yeah, I was afraid I had to *sobs*.
    I guess I'll install what I really need and add it that way in time.
    Thanks for the link!
    After dinner I'll check it out and take a bowl of ice cream to make it less tedious and boring ;)