Strange Problem with G3F and V7 shapes

erostewerostew Posts: 214

Every single time I load G3F from one of the Actors in Smart Content or Content Library she always has V7 dialled to 100%. I go to the Shaping tab and look in People/Real World and there it is every single time: Victoria 7 at 100%. She still looks mostly like G3F but if I dial V7 down to zero she looks a bit different. Her body is less curvy and her face is slightly different. If I load any other G3F based character the same thing happens. And of course I can't get V7 by dialling her morph to 100 on the shaping tab after I set it back to zero. If I load a body and head morph onto G3F after dialling V7 to zero it usually looks like the promo images for that character. BUT if I then load the V7 Actor into the same scene (she DOES load looking like she is supposed to) the G3F based character changes again. She gets taller and skinnier with a very small waist and her face looks a lot like a big baby with giant eyes, etc. The look varies slightly from character to character but it's not a large variation. And the strange thing is that when I check the shaping tab V7 is still set to zero! If I REM the head and body morphs after V7 has messed them up the figure doesn't go back to G3F either. It looks like it sticks somewhere between G3F and the BabyFace. The only way to get G3F back is to delete the figure from the scene, load her up again and set the stupid V7 slider to zero% yet again. Doesn't seem to matter if I use body and face shaping or load an Actor. If there is a Full-Body morph in the shaping tab for that character I can dial it to zero but the figure doesn't go back to G3F and is once again stuck in between.

Not really sure what is going on in the logfile. There are about 1650 lines like: 

WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5886): Could not find property for animation: name://@selection#SCLArmsLength:?value/value

Then there are about 110 lines like:

2016-06-30 17:06:59.677 Loaded Morph Deltas in 0 min 0.0 sec.2016-06-30 17:06:59.677 Loaded file: PBMNavel.dsf

And after that the normal messages about loading various images, etc. All together there are about 1900 lines generated in the logfile in less than one minute when I load a character.

I deleted the Genesis 3 Starter Essentials from the Products via Content Library to make sure the metadata was gone, uninstalled it in DIM, deleted the local file, downloaded fresh via DIM and installed it. Makes no difference and I still have the problem. G2F and Victoria 6 work just fine and the same with Genesis and V5. I'm at my wits end. The only other thing I can think of to try is to toss my whole installation in the trash and install everything again from scratch. I REALLY don't want to do that because I have a TON of stuff I would have to reinstall. My product library here on the website has 44 pages so I think that's over 1600 products.

Anybody ever have anything like this happen to their installation? Any suggestions?

Post edited by erostew on

Comments

• erostewerostew Posts: 214
    edited August 2016

Okay I seem to have finally fixed it. The problem was NOT G3F. It was V7!

I uninstalled and deleted her and then downloaded and re-installed. Suddenly G3F is behaving like she is supposed to :)

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032
    erostew said:

I uninstalled and deleted her and then downloaded and re-installed. Suddenly G3F is behaving like she is supposed to :)

I was going to recommend that. It just sounded like a 3rd party product messed up the V7 / G3F configuration. 

erostew said:

BUT I still get all of those messages like: 

WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5886): Could not find property for animation: name://@selection#SCLArmsLength:?value/value

Whatever is causing that I guess it has nothing to do with my problem with G3F/V7.

edited August 2016
    erostew said:
    erostew said:

Whatever is causing that I guess it has nothing to do with my problem with G3F/V7.

Maybe you have a scene loaded that has a animation or aniBlock loaded in the animation Timeline or aniMate2. If you are not wanting the animation go to the Parameters Tab for the V7 / G3F character and right click & 'Clear Poses'

wait this thread is better than me at explaining...

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/34392/assigning-shortcut-to-clear-animation-figure-pose

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
    erostew said:
    erostew said:

Maybe you have a scene loaded that has a animation or aniBlock loaded in the animation Timeline or aniMate2. If you are not wanting the animation go to the Parameters Tab for the V7 / G3F character and right click & 'Clear Poses'

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/34392/assigning-shortcut-to-clear-animation-figure-pose

I don't do animation and it shows the message with NO scene loaded and nothing but the figure on the scene tab. Nothing shows if I open the Timeline tab and I don't have Animate2. I think it might be related to some bad morphs but I'm just not sure.

erostew said:
    erostew said:
    erostew said:

I don't do animation and it shows the message with NO scene loaded and nothing but the figure on the scene tab. Nothing shows if I open the Timeline tab and I don't have Animate2. I think it might be related to some bad morphs but I'm just not sure.

Some product you installed is expecting those animation fields to be part of Genesis 3 I think since you reinstalled V7 & G3 it couldn't be that those are corrupt anymore. You can open a ticket:

http://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us

Those field were probably part of a prior DAZ product.

edited August 2016

Despite the word "animation" appearing in the error message it's got to do with morphs. "SCLArmsLength.dsf" is the name of a morph file that appears in several places for genesis 1,2 and 3. And it is referenced by quite a few morph application files. For instance from Pix Blaze which I just boought there is a file called "Blaze 1-Full Shape.duf" and right after the header part of that file is the following:

"scene" : {		"animations" : [			{				"url" : "name://@selection#SCLArmsLength:?value/value",				"keys" : [ [ 0, 0 ] ]			},

erostew said:

Despite the word "animation" appearing in the error message it's got to do with morphs. "SCLArmsLength.dsf" is the name of a morph file that appears in several places for genesis 1,2 and 3. And it is referenced by quite a few morph application files. For instance from Pix Blaze which I just boought there is a file called "Blaze 1-Full Shape.duf" and right after the header part of that file is the following:

"scene" : {		"animations" : [			{				"url" : "name://@selection#SCLArmsLength:?value/value",				"keys" : [ [ 0, 0 ] ]			},

When I look at my copy of the Genesis 3 Male Morph of this file it has only morph information in it and nothing at all about animation. I'd post it but it probly isn't allowed.

If you want to fix this you should delete all the body morphs for male & female Genesis characters and re-install them as some sort of other package has changed them for some other reason.

Some sort of animation setup SW has changed it I think.

Here is what the opening part of my morph file looks like & there is in the entire file nothing like your file informtion.

"file_version" : "0.6.0.0",	"asset_info" : {		"id" : "/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Male/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Body/SCLArmsLength.dsf",		"type" : "modifier",		"contributor" : {			"author" : "Daz 3D",			"email" : "[email protected]",			"website" : "http://www.daz3d.com";		},		"revision" : "1.0",		"modified" : "2015-09-04T19:13:59Z"

No there is definitely no animation connection, lol. The .dsf files are the actual morph. What I posted was from the DUF file that is a full body preset and came after the header info in yours. It contains no morphs on it's own and only references them. That's why the error has the line from one of those .duf files in it and not a line from the morph file. You can find similar references in almost any morph preset .duf file and poses also look fairly similar in their structure. The line with "SCLArmsLength.dsf" in it that you posted was from that actual SCLArmsLength.dsf and is simply it referencing itself. I believe all .duf files have that in the header. "Scene", "animation", "actor" etc are used in places and have no meaning in the sense of any actual animation. Ask Daz why they decided to use those terms cuz I sure don't have any idea :)

This is the kind of thing that opening a support ticket for would be worse than useless. So I won't be doing that. However the next thing I am going to do is delete the G3F Head and Body morphs to see if that helps. Re-installing V7 actually reduced the nuber of errors thrown from over 1600 to around 1000. A lot of products use those morph packages so they can be a likely source for the error. You are probably right that a badly packaged product has knackered some files but it is almost impossible to find out which one of the installed products is the culprit without uninstalling everything  for G3F. I have a suspicion it might be something I bought from Renderosity or one of the smaller vendors. It seems that they have little/no quality control done by the broker/vendor and leave that to the artist.

It gets curiouser and curiouser. I was wrong about there being fewer errors thrown after re-installing V7. I uninstalled (or at least deleted) a couple of recent products from Renderosity. Then I ended up uninstalling, deleting, downloading and re-installing G3F Starter Essentials, Head Morphs, Body Morphs, V7 and the V7 HD add-on. Then just to be absolutely sure I did the same with the Default Content for DS and as a longshot G3M Starter Essentials. Reinstalled JUST G3F. The problem was still there. Re-installed the rest and of course that made no difference. G3M by the way loads just fine.

After this I was going through the data folder to make sure all traces of the 2 Rendo products was gone. Turned out that 1 of them had 16.8 GB of morphs copied into it's own morph folder. So I thought: Aha! Problem solved! WRONG! It changed nothing. The product that had all the copied morph folders was one that I had made an "Actor" preset for through Save As/FigurepProp Asset. So I have no idea what happened there but it seems not to be related to the errors thrown when loading G3F. I have no default scene on loading DS: just a blank slate. And anyway there are no important errors thrown during startup. But it would seem to rule out a conflict with G3F from that source.

On the positive side G3F is still loading okay after all those errors even though it can take as long as 45 seconds to finish loading (G3M is 10 to 15 seconds). The only morphs that are active on G3F when I look in Parameters are "Mouth Realism HD" and "Navel" both of which are at 100%. SubD is set at 2.

Since there seems not to be any visual indication of the log errors I guess I will just ignore them and continue on until I have to build a new computer and re-install everything from scratch.

edited August 2016

OK, sorry, I thought the header you posted was from the actual morph file not the scene file. It was late so I was not reading very well.

Since it was a scene file that it comes from it makes sense that it mentions animation information, even when there is none.

Sorry I couldn't help but as you said uninstalling and reinstalling is about the easiest approach.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

OK, sorry, I thought the header you posted was from the actual morph file not the scene file. It was late so I was not reading very well.

Since it was a scene file that it comes from it makes sense that it mentions animation information, even when there is none.

Sorry I couldn't help but as you said uninstalling and reinstalling is about the easiest approach.

Thanks for trying to help at least :)

I found that saving as a Character asset had no strange side effects so I guess I will avoid Figure/Prop Asset for now.

• This has happened to me before. But I don't know for sure if it's the same issue. There is a vendor at rendo that creates files with these animation settings and does exactly what you mention. It causes DAZ Studio 4.9 to load random morphs whenever you load a character or use certain morphs. Send me a PM and I'll let you know what vendor to look for and you can at least eliminate that cause if that's what it is.

• Remove products by Deva3D and see if that fixes things. This vendor has incorrect settings with EXACTLY that property, but the keys aren't set to zero. I ran into this EXACT same problem a while back.

Remove products by Deva3D and see if that fixes things. This vendor has incorrect settings with EXACTLY that property, but the keys aren't set to zero. I ran into this EXACT same problem a while back.

That was my first thought actually. His product was the one that had 16.8 GB of morphs copied into the folder in /data after I made an actor/character preset. I guess I will have to have a better look at his files now. Thanks for the info.

• JQPJQP Posts: 511
    edited October 2017

Remove products by Deva3D and see if that fixes things. This vendor has incorrect settings with EXACTLY that property, but the keys aren't set to zero. I ran into this EXACT same problem a while back.

Thank you very, very, very, very, very much for this. I keep getting random morphs injecting themselves into G3F, even what are supposed to be zeroed versions of G3F. Problem has been recurring for years, and I had no idea what was causing it. I deleted his product. For all I know something else is causing it, but at least now I have hope that the problem is solved. Will have to wait and see and hope you have identified the source. Either way, I just removed like a thousand error lines from my log files after a g3f load. One of the morphs that likes to inject itself looks suspiciously like the morphs that come with the product I deleted, so I'm hopeful.

Please never hesitate to name vendors when their products cause errors like this. If you hadn't changed your mind about keeping it to PMs, I'd still have no clue. It's an immensely frustrating sort of issue that can creep into your presets and save files if you don't notice it manifesting.

Post edited by JQP on
  • Hello.
    I apologize for any inconvenience caused, but long time ago the problem is fixed, zips are updated.

Once again, I am truly sorry for any inconvenience!
    I am so sorry... I am very... very, very ashamed of myself... 

Stuff happens and yeah that was fixed way back. So don't worry about it :)

That is why it's better to use DIM. You get updates listed for every product your have bought in DIM when they are fixed or improved. You can tell DIM to not delete your ZIP downloads after it has installed your products.

That is why it's better to use DIM. You get updates listed for every product your have bought in DIM when they are fixed or improved. You can tell DIM to not delete your ZIP downloads after it has installed your products.

Product was from Renderosity. So your comment makes no sense :)

• erostew said:

Stuff happens and yeah that was fixed way back. So don't worry about it :)

Thank you for your answer!