DIM products fail to install

Don't understand why.,...I have all graphic programs listed...

Can anyone help me understand?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

What product are you installing?  WHat does the message in the log say?

• VitachickVitachick Posts: 135

Also notice you cannot have Daz 4.9 open and try to open DIM....Updating database now.Will take a pic and show you what the problem is..

Ok pic showing items that fail to install....

DIM install fail.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 172K

Do any of them work if you try again?  What does it say in the log (settings gear in upper right > Show Log in lower left)

Ok pic showing items that fail to install....

txt
    txt
    log.txt

Ok pic showing items that fail to install....Think It's time I cleared the log LOL...What a mess..

Only one of those I have is Thunder River, and it installed for me.  It sounds like there are some corrupt files -- delete the downloaded zips and try downloading them again.

I have Thunder River and opens perfect Poser Pro...Same with some of the others...Just questioned DIM why therse are showing up.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

You can have DAZ open and install with DIM, it's just a really bad idea.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,360

If you have Daz open when you are installing products you will probably have to re-import your meta data. It's suggest not to run both apps at the same time.

• frank0314 said:

If you have Daz open when you are installing products you will probably have to re-import your meta data. It's suggest not to run both apps at the same time.

With the recent builds it should be perfectly safe to run DIM, and isntall content, while DS is open.

• TomTombaTomTomba Posts: 29

Returning to a super old question, but in 2022 is it safe to have Studio open while installing from DIM?  After database corruptions I got into the habit of closing studio before installs, but would rather not... Thanks!

• TomTomba said:

Returning to a super old question, but in 2022 is it safe to have Studio open while installing from DIM?  After database corruptions I got into the habit of closing studio before installs, but would rather not... Thanks!

Yes, and it avoids the risk of closing DS, starting DIM< and ending up with no database running.