Looking To Hire Someone To Make Authentic Ancient Roman Clothes

SwanSwan Posts: 134
edited September 2016 in Product Suggestions

Looking for authentic Ancient Roman clothing. I have considered designing my own but lack the time. Example:

http://factsanddetails.com/world/cat56/sub369/item2069.html

I will pay to have someone design them for Genesis 2 (will use them on Genesis 3 models as well but can use Daz's fit for doing so).I would like to start off with toga, tunics, and mantles for men and women. Roman bikini, including the mamillare (Ancient Roman bra), would be nice as well. Please mesage me a price for exclusive vs. you selling them to others. I am very serious about this and would like to develop a long standing arrangement with someone who's great at developing clothing for DAZ.

Post edited by Swan on

Comments

• SwanSwan Posts: 134
    edited February 2018

Back after a long hiatus.

Please ignore this request. Since no one took me up on it, I went the way of hiring digital concept artists to create what I need. Now only use DAZ as a means of showing examples of what I would like to see in so far as character attributes, poses, lighting, etc.

Post edited by Swan on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

Back after a long hiatus.

Please ignore this request. Since no one took me up on it, I went the way of hiring digital concept artists to create what I need. Now only use DAZ as a means of showing examples of what I would like to see in so far as character attributes, poses, lighting, etc.

But SickleYield (SY) just released two sets, one male & one female, in the DAZ Store that contain a pretty good subset of the set of Roman clothing you were seeking. Certainly noone else has come close to releasing such a variety of authentic Roman clothing yet anywhere else publicly.

https://www.daz3d.com/sy-dforce-roman-clothing-pack-genesis-8-male

https://www.daz3d.com/sy-dforce-roman-clothing-pack-genesis-8-female

And she has tutorials on how to get them fitted onto Genesis 2 & Genesis 3 on her DeviantArt page.

edited February 2018

Not bad. Will probably pick both those up to use as examples/inspiration. DAZ overall, though, is a disappointment in so far as content goes in relation to an audience outside the horny and lonely. Not to mention the male gender is underrepresented. Unfortunately, there was just not enough quality content, even for Fantasy. Not unless the intended audience is YA anyway. That said, I'll keep an eye out for the rare jewel such as what you posted. Could come in handy.

Post edited by Swan on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

Not bad. Will probably pick both those up to use as examples/inspiration. DAZ overall, though, is a disappointment in so far as content goes in relation to an audience outside the horny and lonely. Not to mention the male gender is underrepresented. Unfortunately, there was just not enough quality content, even for Fantasy. Not unless the intended audience is YA anyway. That said, I'll keep an eye out for the rare jewel such as what you posted. Could come in handy.

No, they have plenty of content for 'normal' story telling you just have to have the patience and money to go throw their back catalogue.

edited February 2018

No, they have plenty of content for 'normal' story telling you just have to have the patience and money to go throw their back catalogue.

Money's not so much of an issue, which is why I was looking to hire direct. At any rate, I've gone as far back as the first figures. More content geared towards believability exists for V/M 1, 2, 3, & 4, but the older stuff needs to be upgraded (in reality recreated) for the later genesis models. Sure, you can use autofit and other uttilities such as Wear Them All going as far back as...version 4, if I remember correctly...but the older content (regardless using Reality or Iray) is definitely noticable. 

Will say there have been some nice improvements in Genesis 8 (dForce) and DS 4.10. Also, picked up SY's Roman clothes. Should help in examples for concept artists.

Post edited by Swan on