Bad Install: Missing MSVCP100.dll

edited December 1969 in New Users

I have have attempted to install Daz 4.5 Win. 64bit version and keep running into the same error.
The installer has quit working then the following:

"MSVCP100.dll is missing"

I have gone through and checked the correct windows files and have located this file. I even reinstalled this file for windows. I still have the same issue. Microsoft seems to think its an issue with the Daz files being corrupt or missing. Please help. I love working with Daz and no longer have my older version.

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited November 2012

That's the one of the Visual C library files...are you sure that you have the 64 bit version of the 2010 Visual C runtime installed? (Is the msvcp100.dll you found in the system32 folder or the syswow folder?)

If you do have both or the syswow one...then reset your DS4.5 download and redownload the file.

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • XoechZXoechZ Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

As far as I know, the DAZ installer is installing the Visual C++ libraries that are needed for DAZ. So maybe it is worth a try to uninstall DAZ and also the Visual C++ libraries and then install DAZ again.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

UAC/'nannyware' could be blocking the Visual C install by DS...which, would ultimately, end up with it NOT being installed.

But that error specifically is indicating a problem with at least VC2010 runtimes...

If you try the reinstall route, disable your AV while installing.

• I found an official site to dowwnload the x64 version of the 2010 runtime, and it solved the problem for me.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-GB/download/details.aspx?id=105522