Pegasus Update

One of my "go to" modelling apps, (next to Carrara) has recieved some major TLC.  Thanks Marcus.  For those unfamilliar with the program, check it out.

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

thanks for the heads up

how are you finding the new version compared to the old?

how does the snap to face command work exactly and what is it used for? (havnt had a chnce to watch video yet)

• ProPoseProPose Posts: 527

I thought the snap to face is a great feature for clothing and other tight fitting stuff,  but my main focus is an attempt to re-topo the genesis 3 mesh to around 5k polys.  It's also a great grouping tool for shading domains and poygon groups.   Daz's Decimator works ok for that but I just don't like all those tris, makes the mesh look too untidy.  I prefere quads.  Another plus is that meshes imort and export in poser scale.  Version 3 seemed to be a bit buggy in windows 10, and the more operations I performed the more memory it seemed to eat up.  But to be honest I haven't had the time to play with version 4, other than to install it and watch the tutorial vids.  Looks promising tho.

• I am new to this product so I can't comment on its improvements over the previous versions. But So far it looks very good I have been able to create some basic stuff.

One thing that would be helpful is a better user guide I get the feeling that the version 4 guide was written just with the improvments in mind. So all the basic stuff thats usefull to a brand new user is missing . For example how to pan zoom and rotate the camera one of thee most basic actions is not explained,  I had to trawl through the keyboard shortcuts to find a reference to it. As this is a basic function it should have along with other basic functions  a section to explain them