Buying Advice

Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
edited December 1969 in New Users

I unfortunately didn't see all the sales going on through next week including the $25 off coupon when you spend $100, and I already purchased the darn Michael/Victoria combo for 87 bucks! Darn.

Any must haves for M5/V5 that people can think of to start out with?

Thanks.

Comments

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

Whoah! I think I just found my must have purchase! Bring on the superheroes!

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/supersuit-pro-suite

Can anyone comment on their experiences with this pack? Pros? Cons?

It is quite pricey. Is it worth the cost of admission?

Thanks.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yep, well worth it, But STEEP learning curve. I bought the full Preset bundle and can do GREAT stuff.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,317
    edited December 1969

Yes the supersuit is well worth it, as Jaderail says it does have a bit of a learning curve, and can be daunting tobegin with but once you get the hang of it you can create some amazing stuff with it.
    The shaders that come with it are worth having - I find myself using them alot.

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

I definitely want to grab this bundle. Superhero art and fantasy/sci-fi art is a big reason I wanted to learn DAZ!

Right now I am still trying to get things setup properly and tested with the base models M5/V5. That is proving to be a bit of challenge as I keep running into problems with assets in the control panel either not showing things or just my lack of knowledge on why certain elements are not customizable, etc.

So far I am blown away by the ease of posing figures and how reactive the body structures are. It is pretty impressive that if you simply grab the figures arm the rest of the body attempts to move fairly accurate in response! I know that once I get up to speed I am going to have a lot of fun!