Missing Library Content...

I was just wondering if anyone else has had an issue with the Content Library at DAZ. I just reinstalled my operating system and I went to download all of my content and most importantly my Cararra applications. The only application in my Content Library was DAZ 3D studio with accompanying content. I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue. I’ve already submitted two tickets, but in true DAZ fashion, it may take up to a week to resolve the issue. Sadly, Cararra is part of my pipeline and most of my original content was created in Cararra. As luck would have it, I’m right at the end of an important project. If it’s not one thing, it’s another! 

Comments

• Jay VersluisJay Versluis Posts: 249
    edited September 2016

Two things spring to mind: one is that Carrara and its defalut content come as several different installers. From what I remember, there is

• Carrara Pro (the actual application)
    • Carrara 8 Native Content
    • Carrara 8.5 Native Content
    • Carrara 8.5 Pro Native Content
    • Digital Painters Shaders (optional, but part of the Pro package)

All of these need to be installed to have the full Carrara Content experience.

As for 3rd party scenes not showing up, it depends if you're on a Mac or a PC. I run Carrara on both systems, and on PC scenes install fine via Install Manager. On a Mac however, they did something rather crazy and add those scenes into the main application bundle. They do it so that content is copied into the Carrara system folders and *should* therefore show up automatically  (it's akin to intsalling something into the Windows directory... nobody in their right mind would do such a thing). Except in reality, it doesn't work, and folders inside an application bundle cannot be selected in the content tab.

So on a Mac, I'd recommend uninstalling 3rd party content via Install Manager and download / run the installers manually. Add things to a separate directory and map that in the content tab manually. Would be interested to hear other Mac user's comments on this topic too.

Hope this helps!

Post edited by Jay Versluis on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

In Finder you can create an alias to the protected folder(s) and drag that into your Content location. Works like a charm. :) That shouldn't affect installing the native content, presets etc, which - as Jay mentioned - are a separate download in DIM.

It's a bit of a faff (and it's the same for all Daz apps), you need to download and install the main program, THEN tell DIM where to put the content, THEN install the content.

• Oh I see... well then the most logical explanation is probably: you had another account, and you're currently logged in to the wrong one. That would explain it all.

• Oh I see... well then the most logical explanation is probably: you had another account, and you're currently logged in to the wrong one. That would explain it all.

That couldn't be the case becuase that was the first logical step; check the log in details. Thanks anyway!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

There is another account  current  in the name of  BDProductions    The email address for that one is business@ the same email as you are using for the account that you have posted here as.

The last post that I can trace for the other name is this one    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/64321/carrara-bugged-me-to-death

The only posts that you have made with the"contact" user name are the ones here in this thread

• Two things spring to mind: one is that Carrara and its defalut content come as several different installers. From what I remember, there is

As for 3rd party scenes not showing up, it depends if you're on a Mac or a PC. I run Carrara on both systems, and on PC scenes install fine via Install Manager. On a Mac however, they did something rather crazy and add those scenes into the main application bundle. They do it so that content is copied into the Carrara system folders and *should* therefore show up automatically  (it's akin to intsalling something into the Windows directory... nobody in their right mind would do such a thing). Except in reality, it doesn't work, and folders inside an application bundle cannot be selected in the content tab.

So on a Mac, I'd recommend uninstalling 3rd party content via Install Manager and download / run the installers manually. Add things to a separate directory and map that in the content tab manually. Would be interested to hear other Mac user's comments on this topic too.

Hope this helps!

Im also on a Mac and I've never been able to get any Carara content to work with DIM. I always do a manual install.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Interesting, I have no problems at all with content on my iMac (El Cap 10.11.6). All installed through DIM.

• deanw3ddeanw3d Posts: 0

Two things spring to mind: one is that Carrara and its defalut content come as several different installers. From what I remember, there is

Hope this helps!

So strange that all of these files need to be installed - you'd think that they'd bring the libraries with them on later releases. Your guidance worked perfectly - thanks!