Genesis 3 in Poser

Does anyone know why Daz isn't supporting Genesis 3 for Poser? Besides the complicated DIY exporting methods, will Daz make Genesis 3 easily available for Poser?

Comments

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,073
    Mr. E said:

Does anyone know why Daz isn't supporting Genesis 3 for Poser? Besides the complicated DIY exporting methods, will Daz make Genesis 3 easily available for Poser?

Wrong question. Proper question - When will Smith Micro update Poser to support the rigging and weight mapping used in the Genesis figure lines as a native technology? Daz can't 'fix' genesis 3 to work in Poser - it won't be Genesis 3 when done; it would probably be incompatible with the Daz Genesis 3 if they tried. Poser just doesn't support the new geometry and rigging, and that's the essence of the figure.

• And I just took another look at PoserPro 11 this weekend, because I really like some of the tricks the new SuperFly renderer can play.  But yeah, then I started tracking down Genesis 3 import techniques on Youtube, and...no.  The ratio of tedious work hours to probability of success is nowhere close to acceptable to me.

• Genesis 3 is no longer based on tri-ax weighting, which is a good thing, as quaternion weighting somehow became an industry standard supported by several major applications. This is one reason, why I gave up on V4 for now. Still Genesis 3 has some improvement potential, which makes it even easier to port it to other applications.

I agree that Poser 11 has to add some features in order to support Genesis 3 and not the other way round. Sorry for the Poser users, as I've been a Poser user since Poser 4. They simply made some not so good decisions in the last years IMHO.

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781

Have you checked over at Renderosity? There are a couple of threads devoted to the latest means of getting G3 into Poser. From what I've seen it works very well indeed, although it's more of a Genesis 2.5 than 3. I bought the tutorials from lululee and have gone through them, they're not at all complicated. But I'll admit I haven't actually gotten around to working with my G3 that way. Been too much going on in that thing called "Real Life" lately for me to do any heavy-duty 3D-ing. 

• Mr_ EMr_ E Posts: 68

Thanks for the responses.Smith Micro sometimes frustrates me. I don't get what the fuss is about with Supefly.In order to work, doesn't it require superfly materials? There are few vendors using them on products that the rendering engine is useless to someone who doesn't know how to use them.

• LimbaLimba Posts: 53
    Byrdie said:

Have you checked over at Renderosity? There are a couple of threads devoted to the latest means of getting G3 into Poser. From what I've seen it works very well indeed, although it's more of a Genesis 2.5 than 3. I bought the tutorials from lululee and have gone through them, they're not at all complicated. But I'll admit I haven't actually gotten around to working with my G3 that way. Been too much going on in that thing called "Real Life" lately for me to do any heavy-duty 3D-ing. 

did you mean this "tool"

https://www.renderosity.com/render-daz-genesis-3-in-poser-cms-18144?&AID=408

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,777

"And I just took another look at PoserPro 11 this weekend, because I really like some of the tricks the new SuperFly renderer can play.  But yeah, then I started tracking down Genesis 3 import techniques on Youtube, and...no.  The ratio of tedious work hours to probability of success is nowhere close to acceptable to me."

There is an entire forum section at renderosity dedicated to tech support of the "tool"they have to get G3 into poser.
    but you need buy the paid upgrade to poser 11
    and in the end you still have compromised version of G3
    that does not support All of the really useful Genesis 3 content.

So it  is possible but ...yeah you have to decide if the work vs benefit ratio is acceptable to you.indecision

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781

https://www.renderosity.com/render-daz-genesis-3-in-poser-cms-18144?&AID=408

Yep, that's the one. It only works if you have Poser 11 -- though I have heard rumors of PoserPro 2014 being able to use it too -- and you'll want Library Manager and lululee's tutorials (paid not free products) to get everything set up. Do note that not every outfit, etc. will transfer over perfectly and many require additional fiddling but it can be done if you've the money, time and patience to invest.