Do I need Victoria 4.2?

DocPitDocPit Posts: 0
edited November 2012 in New Users

Basically, I started to learn DAZ using earlier versions but had to move away from it. Now, I'm trying to get back to it . I just installed DAZ Studio 4.5 with Genesis. I still have Victoria 4.2 Base/Studio Content/ Morphs installed from the earlier versions; however, I don't have any work based on Victoria or Michael.

Also, I notice that I have Michael 4 in my Content Library. However, unlike Victoria, I don't see Michael installations in Control Panel\Programs... Why is that?

Can I free-up space by uninstalling Victoria 4.2? Are Victoria and Michael still relevant given Genesis?

Thanks for the help.

Post edited by DocPit on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Whether you use Gen4 (V4, M4) etc is a matter for you. Lots of people are still using these figures.

Genesis is a brand new figure, and has different rigging and body parts, it is also free. I have no idea where you got M4 from, he does not come as part of the DS4.5 Pro install. If you bought it through the store here, it will be listed in your Itemised Order History, and you can reset it, and download it again if you need it. The same applies to V4.

If you are very short of space, you could uninstall the Gen4 items, but any clothing for them can be used with Genesis via the Autofit plugin, and any texture sets for V4 can also be used on Genesis by changing the UV Map in the Surfaces pane.