Cinema 4D to Carrara to Daz Studio Pipeline - any takers?

Hi. So I'm trying something stupid, and I really don't believe there is a way around this wall, but I'm taking a shot in the dark. 

I discovered today that Carrara is great for importing animated rigs from Cinema 4D. I haven't played with it nearly enough, because DAZ and other software packages suit my need perfectly.  However, in terms of rendering, I've fallen in love with Daz's Iray, and I want to render .c4d rigged models in DAZ. 

So having discovered I can import these animated models into Carrara ... the real question is "is there any conceivable way to further pipeline, .c4d to Carrara then back into DAZ while preserving animations and textures?  It doesn't seem possible, despite the .fbx and. dae export/import options.

Comments

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited September 2016

Hi,

I can't answer you about the pipeline "Carrara-to DS", but I use c4d R14 as pipeline to send and back my animations in Realflow.

1- Export your animation from Carrara in .MDD file (Fenric's plugin), swap Y and Z for the obj and mdd animation.

2-  Import in c4d with the "Riptide Pro" Plugin.

(I convert this animation in .sd file for use in Realflow.)

To import into Carrara an animation from c4d, I export  it in in Obj seq. with Riptide Pro and I use the DCG obj. seq.importer plugin into Carrara.

You often must resize the imported object and flip it if it come from RF.

You must  made the texture after in Carrara...

I must say also that .fbx and .dae never work for me in Carrara.

Post edited by DUDU on
  • aikidodaveaikidodave Posts: 11
    edited September 2016

I tried Riptide pro but it seems to be having problems with R18. Could just be me. I only fought with it for about an hour.  However, the imports into Carrara 8.5 are perfect, No Riptide necessary. I've never actually rendered with Carrara, but I'm going to take some time to learn now that I have a reason. I picked it up for like 30 a while bback and never installed it. 

Anyways, thanks for the input. I may give Riptide another shot.

Post edited by aikidodave on