How to avoid the collision control ?

I want to put an attachment touching the skin. Without distance between the skin and the transfered figure.

No problem about the collision. The attachment is designed thinking in that will be collisions. But I don't know how to say to DAZ don't put security distance between the skin and the fitted surface.

Javier

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

you might need more vertices (more mesh geometry) for both objects to get a close fit or consider this http://www.daz3d.com/simtenero-shape-reprojector I don't have the product yet so i cannot help with my views on it.

• JavPJavP Posts: 121

Hi Szark, I believe that mesh is not the problem. The prop is a transparent clon of Genesis with the attachments over it. Then the geometry is equal to the parent character.

It works like a bodysuit, but DAZ puts a little distance between this transparent bodysuit and the cracacter to avoid collisions. Then the objects appear away from the parent character.

Is posible to say DAZ don't use this security distance for this prop ?

Javier

For the Daz Studio Collision and Smoothing modifier to work efficently it needs a denser, a more closer mesh. 

Ok is the "transparent clone of Genesis" a Geoshell...YES or NO?

If it is YES then you have an OFFSET setting in the Paramerters Panes when the Geoshell is selected. This control how far away the shell is from the Parent.

I am not understanding what you mean by "security distance" so I hope I am helping. :)

Geoshell ? I don't know so much Pete.

Is a Genesis exported to Hexagon. There converted in transparent and charged with the attachments. And then exported to DAZ. There I used the Transfer Utility to fit and parent to the original Genesis 1.

Sorry... I said "security distance" as you better say "offset". Well, the distance between the skin and the fitted surface to avoid collisions.

As the clone is transparent, there is no problem if there are collisions or a not full overcoat.

Javier

OK Hexagon, in that case I can't help. I use Blender. 

Well you didn't need to do all that as in DS under the Create Menu is the Geoshell function. Just select the figure and Create > New Geoshell. It gives a complete shell with mat zones in tact and gives you an Offset function.

Being Transparent should not be a problem. 

Is a very good way Pete. But sorry to say that exporting the Geo shell to Hexagon ( to add the attachments ) DAZ gives an error and stop working. And nothing pass to Hexagon.

A way to convert a prop/figure to Geo Shell ?

• If I understand correctly I think you want to apply a Push Modifer, from the Edit>Object>Geometry>Add Push Modifier.... If you want to be seelctive about what gets pushed you can use Create>New Push Modifier Weight Node... and use the Node Weight paint brush tool to adjust the Influence Weights map.

Hi Richard.

I thinked that the transfer was the easy way to conform the overcoated figure over the skin. And it is. But the problem is to reduce to 0 the offset. The Pete's way is very good. But I can't to add the attachments to that shell having an error exporting to Hexagon this.

I tried to use days ago the geometry editor to add the attachments only over a selected surface of the skin. But the morphs used in the character take the attachments ago from their place.

As you help me yesterday, I use the ZERO and unparented main character to fit my prop/figure. And goes right. But is not the case of the Geometry Editor for only a region. The attachments goes away from the point.

I could use the Push Modifer, but I am wondering if will be needed to be tunning the adjust of the attachments to the skin in each pose and morph of main character.

I believe to remember that in older props, ( wear ) appeared the offset distance in a dial in the properties. But I don't know if this can help and how.

Sorry if all this is conffuse but maybe is like I am now.

Javier

• The Push Modifier with a negative offset would close the gap, but I'm not clear why you are using the whole of the figure's geometry instead of just modelling your attachment - or if you mean attachment literally, creating it as a GeoGraft.

edited September 2016

Thank you for the help.

Take as example a sock Richard. Or very adjusted boots. Those figures follow the morph/weight/pose to mantain the surface over the skin. Whithout offset.

No problem with the colisions. These socks/boots are transparent and are only the support for the attachments. For example straps around the legs as support for other objects.

But fitting, the offset appears and the straps seems to be "in the air" and not touching the skin.

The case of use the whole figure... well, is easier to add these straps objects over the cloned figure instead to create boots as support. And probably in the future I could like to add more attachments. Then you have the whole anatomy.

About not use the GeoGraft, Pete shows me how to create the shell. But I can't export the shell to Hexagon to add him the attachments. DAZ shows an error crashing, and Hexagon is launched without objects opened. This not happens using props/figures.

Javier

Post edited by JavP on
  • But why do you need to attach anything to a shell? If it's a piece of clothing just model it, using the base figure shape as a guide (make sure you zero the pose and the shape - Edit>Figure>Zero>Zero Figure), then delete before exporting your model for setting up in Daz Studio.

edited September 2016

Thank you Richard. It is solved.  Finally was as you said easier, and without shape as guide. The shell was idea from Pete, and seems interesting. The ZERO and character parented to other axis taked me to think in other ways because the fit/parent was running bad affacted by other morphs. And seems that certain morphs one over other and other, can sometimes create an unwanted lose of location.

Using your way, ( the way that I was using a lot of times in this figure ) I had to say to DAZ that must import the prop with "reverse deformations" = yes and "preserve existing deltas" = yes. Using the options "reverse deformations" = no and "preserve existing deltas" = yes, happens the lose of position again. Probably in certain time a modeled morph has been imported with something of this parameters bad, and from them all this.

I believe that this options need a doc easy to understand. Thank you for the help.

Javier

Post edited by JavP on