Icons don't all show

Daz Studio:  Some icon's don't show in content folders.  In this case most of my poses do not show icons (thumbnails) of the poses.  I've tried totally erasing and reinstalling DS from the start, Cleaned out all the stuff in app data, the MyDazLibrary stuff in user/public. and deleted studio via insall manager and a complete uninstall of manager.  This gives me a full reinstall, redownload everything.  I've tried slowly adding content, i.e. installed studio, postgre, then all my victoria content and then genessis etc. incase it needs time to completely install.  Still the pose icons don't show.  Now I know that at one time they did show (a previous installation). 

I'm working on an Asus K55N laptop with 8 gb ram, 64 bit, windows 10.  Latest Studio

Anyone have any thoughts?

If this is a repeate issue I wasn't able to find it by searching the content which makes me think its a unique issue

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Bruce

Comments

• In which locations are you looking? Smart Content, Poser/DAZ Studio Formats, Products, or Categories? What are you seeing isntead of the thumbnails, or are there no entries at all?

• Hi Richard,

Doesn't matter if its content or smart content.  I've attached a screen capture to illustrate the problem

Bruce

DS.jpg
    1366 x 723 - 138K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

In the case of those particular animations, they don't come with .png's for the icons.  Are you seeing this a lot on non-animated poses?

• LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,610

my experience also is that it takes time to load up less often used thumbnails.  They seem to have to be downloaded and that takes time.

• bruce_5a50d8e52bbruce_5a50d8e52b Posts: 47
    edited September 2016

Hi Fixmypcmike and Lyoness

Actually, the poses affected are both animations and fixed poses like standing, sitting, etc.  I know they have PNGs because they used to show up.  I'll see if I can somehow force it do D/L, maybe if I unload them and redownload and only do poses they might fully load.

------------------

Well, so much for that plan, no difference.  I can understand why animations dont show but fixed poses like expressions, sitting, standing, are all items that have icons, I've seen them in previous instalations.

Post edited by bruce_5a50d8e52b on
  • Well, don't know what I did but they are beginning to load up.  Mind you, I've been fighting this for weeks and don't think I did anything today that is different than anyother day.  I did uninstall and reinstall the morphs and poses but I've done that before.  This time when I go into the (poses by function) they icons load up while I'm looking at the category.  So, wish this experience led to a resolution for others but afraid it won't.

Thank you all for your help.

Bruce