Genesis 2 Santa Claus: Anyone using that displacement brush?

Probably seems like I am going crazy today with seemingly unrelated topics, but has anyone been creating custom morphs for Genesis and Genesis 2 in Carrara's vertex modeler using the displacement brush?

WOW!  How have I missed this up until now?

Oh, I knew it was there but had given up because I couldn't control the brush very well.  But, I experimented with reducing the brush strength to 1% and the hardness to 10% or so.  The results have been much better (to my eye).  And to the extent I am still trying to get used to the control, there is a smooth setting.

So, here is a quick attempt to make a Santa Claus face morph for G2M.  Wouldn't it be great if Santa could be a toon with a big dynamic beard?

ccccc santa g2m 1.jpg
1696 x 879 - 420K
cccc sant g2m side by side.jpg
640 x 480 - 113K

Comments

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235

Awesome!  Yes Carrara continues to amaze me at how it is packed full of features. I have been in outer orbit for several years now where I went to another software title where the "grass is always greener"...and I got so "fed up".  Glad to be back.  I am continuously amazed at Carrara's capabilites that are crippled elsewhere.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

I constantly think that whoever programmed Carrara was way ahead of their time.  A pity that they are probably now long gone from Daz.