Iray Envirocam

I just bought RawArt's Iray Envirocam, which looks great, but I can't figure out what to do with it. I can't find any documentation or instructions on how to use it. I'm sure someone out there has figured it out. I really need to put some lightning in a scene and this looks like a good way to do it. Or is there a tutorial online that will show me how this works?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

From the ReadMe:  http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/31793/start

• How to Use:

• Set up your scene as normal and load the EnviroCam.

• Adjust your camera settings as you normally would.

• Select the Enviro Panels in the scene tab and apply the Material Preset which you wish to use.

• When using the individuals select the panel you wish to apply it to in the surfaces tab.

• Adjust the panels through the general movement settings or through the Adjustment movements (or you can also move the panels individually if needed)

• Then Render as normal.

• The materials were designed to be used with the Enviro Panels, when using the materials with the single panel you will lose some of the depth of the materials.

• melaniemelanie Posts: 770

Thanks, I'll try that. I looked at the things in there and didn't even know were to begin. I couldn't find a readme.

If you use Daz Install Manager, clicking on the Info symbol (letter i in a circle) on a product row will take you to the readme; otherwise, you need to plug the product SKU into the link I gave above.

One last question (hopefully): where are the materials for lightning? I find rain, clouds, explosions, etc., but I don't see the lightning. It's listed in the product description. I can't find it in the materials list. Or am I just not seeing it?

The lightning options show up in Content Library > Daz Studio Formats . [content library name] > Camera Presets > Iray > Raw EnviroCam > MATs > Individuals

or in Smart Content under Materials:Iray:Props with the panels selected.

Oops! Never mind. I found them!!! Sorry!   blush