Update?

So, I know there has been some debate about that already, but I'm not interested in knowing which engine is better. I'm just wondering: 3ds Max already has full Pascal GPU support with their Iray render. When will Daz Studio get a similar update? Is it because the Daz developers can only start implementing the new Iray once the SDKs have reached their final version? Is there something that can speed up the implementation (like starting to develop the plugin with the RCs of the SDKs and then push it on when is final)?

Comments

• So, I know there has been some debate about that already, but I'm not interested in knowing which engine is better. I'm just wondering: 3ds Max already has full Pascal GPU support with their Iray render. When will Daz Studio get a similar update? Is it because the Daz developers can only start implementing the new Iray once the SDKs have reached their final version? Is there something that can speed up the implementation (like starting to develop the plugin with the RCs of the SDKs and then push it on when is final)?

Daz did not have the SDK until very recently - perhaps Autodesk, being a huge company, had an earlier preview or risked working from earlier betas. Even though daz does now have the SDK for pascal support, according to the changelog, the updates wil need to go through private beta testing, probably followed by a public beta before there is a release version.

• So, I know there has been some debate about that already, but I'm not interested in knowing which engine is better. I'm just wondering: 3ds Max already has full Pascal GPU support with their Iray render. When will Daz Studio get a similar update? Is it because the Daz developers can only start implementing the new Iray once the SDKs have reached their final version? Is there something that can speed up the implementation (like starting to develop the plugin with the RCs of the SDKs and then push it on when is final)?

Daz did not have the SDK until very recently - perhaps Autodesk, being a huge company, had an earlier preview or risked working from earlier betas. Even though daz does now have the SDK for pascal support, according to the changelog, the updates wil need to go through private beta testing, probably followed by a public beta before there is a release version.

thanks for the enlightening response =D

• I retract what I said, 3ds Max does not have full support for the Pascal architecture yet. =X