FBX Import to DAZ Studio from 3rd party programs

When I do an FBX out of Poser Pro 2014 or another reliable FBX exporter program when I try to import into DAZ Studio 4.9 the result is broken; however, those FBX exports work when imported to other programs. The only FBX export I can get DAZ Studio to reliably import is one exported from DAZ Studio. Those exports from DAZ Studio import correctly into 3rd party programs as FBX files too.

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

It's been that for a long time...FBX IMPORT has always been hit or miss, with it being more often miss (at times in the past even a reimport of a just exported FBX file from DS wouldn't work surprise).

There have been improvements over time, but about the only thing to do is keep submitting bug reports until it works consistently/most/all the time.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,954
    mjc1016 said:

It's been that for a long time...FBX IMPORT has always been hit or miss, with it being more often miss (at times in the past even a reimport of a just exported FBX file from DS wouldn't work surprise).

There have been improvements over time, but about the only thing to do is keep submitting bug reports until it works consistently/most/all the time.

Yeah, well the good thing is DAZ FBX export reimported as an FBX into DAZ works good, although that's not called for that often.