Spot Render tool taking forever

This is a sudden change as of last night. Checking the log file I'm seeing issues that I just don't know if they're new or old or supposed to be there. Can anyone help?

Opening a blank scene after closing and restarting program: Log 1

Adding genesis 2 and nothing else: Log 2

All help is apprecited!

txt
txt
log1.txt
txt
txt
log2.txt
0B
Post edited by contact_0022f9aecd on

Comments

• edited September 2016

ignore this comment, not the problem! lol

Post edited by contact_0022f9aecd on
  • Here's another error log. This time rendering a figure to file and it hangs at 26% until I force quit it.

txt
    txt
    log3.txt
  • Log attached after trying to render over nite. Went to 26% and held there until force stopped. Please any help would be great.

txt
    txt
    log4.txt
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Which renderer are you using?

• 3DL - and after a reDICULOUS amount of research and process of elimination, I figured out that some of the shaders were Iray in inconvenient places causing a big mess.  The errors are all still there but it renders fine now - making me think they were always there.

So, all these lovely Iray shaders that I have - I'm guessing can't be converted to 3DL?  Iray is just to slow for my workflow. I've been able to get aproximations but nothing great.

Thanks for the help, the resources here are amazingly helpful.

Right, Iray shaders can't be used with 3DL.  And yes, Iray shaders will cause all sorts of problems...nothing usually fatal to the render, but, rather, unexpected results and slowdowns.

Some of the errors in the log are not really erros...like all the libpng stuff and the failed 3dconnexion stuff (no 3d mouse, so that plugin will fail, etc).

• Thank you!  Helps a lot for peace of mind to hear that. It's wierd, the models with Iray on their own worked (which left me scratching my head after a number of tests), but on a more complicated model that already had a number of shaders, that's when it went nucular lol. Check your shaders people! 

Going from Iray to 3DL it's more of a 'fill in the blanks and hope for the best' than a real attempt at translating anything.