Seat fillers...

So many of the sets that we have availible to us are full of empty seats and places always seem to have a bit of an empty village effect because for me personally, whenever I put more than 2 characters in a scene now, my Daz Studio crashes when I hit the render button.... It's not a memory issue or anything to do with my computer which is top of the line....  Anyways, I think a good solution is if some of you clever people can make 'seat fillers'.. basically pictures of realistic looking people to place in the background of my scenes..   Anyways, it would be nice to see more people in my starship bridge, that big empty cafe or any other scenes where it doesn't require the resources of a M7/V7 memory hogging character... What do you think?  I would love to be able to populate my cities with lots of people.

Angeldude3a.jpg
1288 x 575 - 589K

Comments

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,321
    edited September 2016

Have you tried Loretta Lorez or Lorenzo Lorez? These are good background figures that don't use a lot of resources.
    They even come with a selection of hair, clothing and shoes.

Post edited by Petercat on
  • Petercat said:

Have you tried Loretta Lorez or Lorenzo Lorez? These are good background figures that don't use a lot of resources.

I was thinking it would be cool to have just pictures of people that you could load on.. not even 'lorez' just flat two diminsional characters that can be placed behind a console sitting in a seat working

• Petercat said:

I was thinking it would be cool to have just pictures of people that you could load on.. not even 'lorez' just flat two diminsional characters that can be placed behind a console sitting in a seat working

you could render those yourself

• There are various psd images, some free or very low cost, over at Turbo: http://www.turbosquid.com/Search/Index.cfm?keyword=crowd sort by lowest price.

There is also this over at Rendo: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/bleacher-people/98734

Ypu might consider making Billboards and alsocheck out this old thread for some ideas http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/35634/large-scale-rendering-postwork-help

• I have to say the problem you can run into when you use two dimensional figures in a scene is how shadows are cast by such figures. Especially if one has his/her arm held out in front of him/her which for the greatest possible realism would need to cast a shadow onto the figure's self. Then you would also need to limit your lighting to match the directionality of the apparent lights the figures were rendered as having. You would not want your 2D figure having apparent lighting on the left and top side, while your scene lighting is on the right top side.. So low poly figures in the distance are to me the best answer. If you can put them at a far distance then 2D might work, as details will not be as important since most detail is not visible unless it is relatively close to your viewpoint.