stuff

Comments

• a hair test, now I do not have enough movement but does keep shape.

is hard knowing which parameters to up or down,

low itterations and doing sim at one frame per secong helps stop jitter, I use 3 itterations.

but the shape, hair and simulation settings puzzle me, all were half way more it will not move less it goes nuts so which one should be less which more? Stiffness bending for roots tips too slighly down and hair drops to the floor in a long cousin It style laugh

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,924

click to play

•  

interactive video

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,948
    edited February 2017

I subbed to your channel soon after watching this magnificent piece that you did, what did you use for the voice-work?

Subbed there as well!

Post edited by takezo_3001 on
  • I subbed to your channel soon after watching this magnificent piece that you did, what did you use for the voice-work?

Subbed there as well!

Virtual singer from the Myriad Melody assistant software I use to compose most my music, 

Its actually an update to the awful "Meow sad toy cats" that has gotten over a million views that I made 8 years ago as pretty much a noob, not that I feel I have gotten any better just poorer and DAZ richer!!! blush

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,948

th3Digit said:

Virtual singer from the Myriad Melody assistant software I use to compose most my music, 

Its actually an update to the awful "Meow sad toy cats" that has gotten over a million views that I made 8 years ago as pretty much a noob, not that I feel I have gotten any better just poorer and DAZ richer!!! blush

I'd say you have as you still have a dedicated following! And thanks for the links, I'm downloading it now!

edited March 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtkkaPP5Mq7-xD8mB38JYnYUy9Hxhjg7a

a playlist of my new series I started on a new channel

eventually I will edit it all into a movie

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

360 video of my new channel's world

• FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131

Is it possible to do the 360 stuff in DS 4.8 or is that only possible in 4.9?

DSDT said:

Is it possible to do the 360 stuff in DS 4.8 or is that only possible in 4.9?

need latest 4.9 for the Spherical lens, I have the beta/public build as I use 4.7 otherwise

• FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131

OK, I have the installer for the 4.9 beta saved, never loaded it though. I've been concerned with it possibly screwing up my 4.8 content library. 

But I want to play with the 360 cam as I've been wanting to use it to make my own HDR backgrounds, to speed up animation renders by pre-rendering the background. That seems like one of the best potential uses to me if I can figure out how to do it that is.

you can safely use both beta and release just not both open at once as can mess with temp files

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    th3Digit said:

you can safely use both beta and release just not both open at once as can mess with temp files

I believe the beta uses a separate temp folder.

• th3Digit said:

I believe the beta uses a separate temp folder.

Yes, by default the Temp folder is in the application data folder (C:\Users\YOU\AppData\Roaming\Daz 3D\Studio4Version for Windows)

edited August 2017

MeatyBytes textures for G3M 

I am learning to use Zbrush Polypaint this started off as a photo of my steak!!

free to use how you wish commercial renders, share the maps whatever

steakman.jpg
    1912 x 1912 - 1M
    MrMeatPM3D_4 surfaces-TM_u0_v0.jpg
    2048 x 2048 - 1M
    MrMeatPM3D_4 surfaces-TM_u1_v0.jpg
    2048 x 2048 - 1M
    MrMeatPM3D_4 surfaces-TM_u2_v0.jpg
    2048 x 2048 - 1M
    MrMeatPM3D_4 surfaces-TM_u3_v0.jpg
    2048 x 2048 - 1M
    edited August 2017

all that meat no potatoes

Meatdish.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M

be careful out there everyone

• just an animated music video for a Youtube audio Library tune

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086

Great videos.  I love the wind blowing through the hair.  Is that animated in untity?  I will be checking out your new channel linked above.  Didn't realize there was a new one.  Whole Tycathian series I was unaware of.

th3Digit said:

just an animated music video for a Youtube audio Library tune

• Octane Carrara with VWD and Carrara hair excepty for DAZ studio iray couch kiss scene

• https://m.youtube.com/user/wendyvainity/channels?shelf_id=0&view=60

I actually have 3 more listed on my main one and one more under my real name and another whole Google account and Youtube channel under my late cat’s name cheeky

edited October 2017

dforce toga test click to play video

obj in zip added for others to play with

no restrictions

G3M tpose BTW 

zip
    zip
    My robe.zip
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147

very nice toga and video

Thankyou Bigh heart

pssst was openGL cheeky

an iray one using VWD

click video

Dforce Fibermesh hair

click video

Better hair

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086

Intriguing hair tests.  yesyes  I've heard folks express frustration with the calculation/render times for DForce fibermesh hair.  Have you done much testing with applying DForce to hair converted with Philemo's plugin?  I'd be concerned that there might be too much overlap at initial frame.

Diomede said:

Intriguing hair tests.  yesyes  I've heard folks express frustration with the calculation/render times for DForce fibermesh hair.  Have you done much testing with applying DForce to hair converted with Philemo's plugin?  I'd be concerned that there might be too much overlap at initial frame.

I zeroed the gravity in zbrush so it stood on end to avoid overlap

Philemo's mesh should work too I must test it

main thing is in the UV view (I used Carrara) to select the root polygon vertices and add a shading domain for the static mesh

Carrara hair UV maps vertically like Zbrush Fibermesh

LAMH cannot work for that reason no vertical UV, think Garibaldi has a vertical UV option as well as a pelt one.