SITE UPDATES, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579
    edited December 1969

If it's useful, I'll start a thread listing products I know are currently in zips, although I won't be able to for a couple of days (waiting for a new hard drive for my laptop, currently posting from an old Celeron laptop with 1 GB RAM, a bunch of missing keys, and a temperamental touchpad). Also, I've noticed that if an older product in a zip needs to be updated it often gets packaged in an installer.

edited December 1969

Right now the Install Manager doesn't have a "resume downloads" feature, but I've passed on the request.

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,830
    edited December 1969

Right now the Install Manager doesn't have a "resume downloads" feature, but I've passed on the request.

That should be a high-priority feature. I generally enjoy good net connections, so I don't tend to have trouble with timeouts, but I think lots of DAZ customers aren't so lucky. 'Resume' will not only reduce the number of desperate messages to support, it may even reduce load on your servers.

What does Install Manager use for transport? Both HTTP and FTP should support partial fetches, so if it uses either of those, the developers should be able to leverage that feature to implement it relatively easily.

Do we know an approximate timeframe for Install Manager, or will it just be available "soon"?

edited December 1969

angusm said:

That should be a high-priority feature. I generally enjoy good net connections, so I don't tend to have trouble with timeouts, but I think lots of DAZ customers aren't so lucky. 'Resume' will not only reduce the number of desperate messages to support, it may even reduce load on your servers.

What does Install Manager use for transport? Both HTTP and FTP should support partial fetches, so if it uses either of those, the developers should be able to leverage that feature to implement it relatively easily.

Do we know an approximate timeframe for Install Manager, or will it just be available "soon"?

No ETA, I'm afraid.

• gw3972gw3972 Posts: 50
    edited December 1969

If it's useful, I'll start a thread listing products I know are currently in zips

Definitely, please do this. I have a big bunch of old Mac installers that I would like to bring up to date.

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

Thanks for checking on it, and passing on the request :( I hope they add it in or I probably won't be staying when it comes time to renew I guess... I'm tired of relying on others for help and it's become obvious my stupid town doesn't care about anybody out in the countryside and we won't be getting access to anything other than dialup anytime in the future. :(

As for the ZIPs, here's what I have in zip format so far, to help you with your list.. I don't have the links to the product pages but I'm sure they will be easy enough to find

Heart of the Ocean for Cyclorama - IM00001412_heart-of-the-ocean-for-the-multiplane-cyclorama.zip
    Eastern Dragon Poses - IM00006103_eastern-dragon-poses.zip
    Shroom Castle - IM00004435_shroom-castle.zip

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    chohole said:
    Gift Certificates are unavailable temporarily. There was problems with them and the fix is being tested. So when it passes QA they will activate the product again.
    Do we have an ETR?!? Because I keep multiple small charges from the same site from hitting my credit card (gets their fraud dept in a lather, I try to avoid that) by buying myself gift certificates of my intended spending. With the PA sale going on this is an issue -- it's not like I can wait to put a week's worth of products in the cart, the sales only last a day. >:(
    We don't know how long it will take to pass QA. When it's solid and ready we will release it. Sorry for the inconvenience. If there are issues, it may take a bit longer, so we really don't have an ETA.
    Well ... this will save me money. NO PA sale for me.
    *shrugs*
    Now I've only got a couple bucks of store credit left. Is there an ETR yet? Can I open a support ticket so they can charge my credit card for store credit manually? Or do I have to take ::dun-dun-DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!:: drastic steps?
    Had a better idea! It's gonna be a lot more time-consuming than a gift card since it requires waiting for my Support Request to be worked, but with any luck I'll end up with enough DAZ store credit for the rest of the sale: I've just bought an item priced roughly the same amount as I would've bought a gift card for. I then opened a Support Request to return the product for store credit. :coolsmile: Lightbulb moment, yeah?
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,364
    edited December 1969

I've just been locked out of the members forum and arn't getting PC prizes.
    I don't know if my membership has run out as I have had a 'no subscriptions' in my account and despite promises that this was and would be fixed it hasn't. I thought my membership was good for at least October.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,316
    edited December 1969

Open a support ticket.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,364
    edited December 1969

Open a support ticket.

I've done that - but this situation is getting beyond ridiculous.

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Will the download manager be a stand alone program or will it be an add on to DAZStudio? If it's an add on to DAZStudio how will Poser users use it?

edited December 1969

Sunfire said:
    Will the download manager be a stand alone program or will it be an add on to DAZStudio? If it's an add on to DAZStudio how will Poser users use it?

Stand alone

• randym77randym77 Posts: 275
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

This new store software does not let you know that you've previously purchased something. Buy at your own risk. Or pick up the Taosoft DAZ history manager It works great and you can search with it, and even do multiple resets. It can't, however, tell you if you've purchased something in a bundle. But it's a hell of a lot more functional and useful than this site's order history pages!

Well, I tried the Taosoft software on two different computers, and I can't get it to work. It crashes when it tries to access my purchases. I guess I've really bought too much.

I was hoping DAZ would get some kind of a search function or "all on one page" option working before the PA sale, but I guess I'm out of luck. Will wishlist items for next year, I guess.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175
    edited September 2012

randym77 said:
    DanaTA said:

This new store software does not let you know that you've previously purchased something. Buy at your own risk. Or pick up the Taosoft DAZ history manager It works great and you can search with it, and even do multiple resets. It can't, however, tell you if you've purchased something in a bundle. But it's a hell of a lot more functional and useful than this site's order history pages!

Well, I tried the Taosoft software on two different computers, and I can't get it to work. It crashes when it tries to access my purchases. I guess I've really bought too much.

I was hoping DAZ would get some kind of a search function or "all on one page" option working before the PA sale, but I guess I'm out of luck. Will wishlist items for next year, I guess.

Did you put your email address and password in and click connect two times, one for history and one for browser? That's what I do. Remember that to log in at DAZ3D you put in your email address not your username. I had problems with it at first because it says username, but it really should be email address. I have 2,439 items and it doesn't crash on me.

Dana

Post edited by DanaTA on
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Did you put your email address and password in and click connect two times, one for history and one for browser? That's what I do. Remember that to log in at DAZ3D you put in your email address not your username. I had problems with it at first because it says username, but it really should be email address. I have 2,439 items and it doesn't crash on me.

Yes, I had done all that.

However...I just tried it again, and this time, I got a message saying an update is available. It fixes the problem where it crashes when trying to connect. Says the problem was caused by changes DAZ made. :-S

I will try again.

edited December 1969

randym77 said:
    DanaTA said:

Yes, I had done all that.

However...I just tried it again, and this time, I got a message saying an update is available. It fixes the problem where it crashes when trying to connect. Says the problem was caused by changes DAZ made. :-S

I will try again.

Oh...well...I'm afraid that there will probably be more changes made by DAZ3D, and then some more, and then some more. But Taosoft keeps on top of it pretty well, I think.

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Oh...well...I'm afraid that there will probably be more changes made by DAZ3D, and then some more, and then some more. But Taosoft keeps on top of it pretty well, I think.

I got it working! Woot! Thank you, Dana. I've been reluctant to buy anything since DAZ switched over to the new store.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

randym77 said:
    DanaTA said:

I got it working! Woot! Thank you, Dana. I've been reluctant to buy anything since DAZ switched over to the new store.

Remember it doesn't know about things bought in bundles - just a warning.

edited December 1969

randym77 said:
    DanaTA said:

You're welcome! And Kerya is correct, bundles are a different animal, and nothing seems to work, except going through the Fun with Bundles thread.

Dana

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Special newsletter release ...

checked my subscriptions ... apparently was turned off ...

so now turned back on ...

We weren't PC members [because can't change the number without cancelling membership]

So now for ? long we're PC members ... supposedly for a few months BUT that's not what it says in my acct.

So PLEASE what are the coupons that are in the newsletter that some have received explaining in better detail the above.

Feel free to send me a PM.

thank you

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Apparently the wishlist got 'fixed'. It doesn't work.

edited December 1969

Just tried and it works for me.

Dana

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

My order history page has had a green alien on it for a couple of days now ...

• wb1hbu_ffa22929c9wb1hbu_ffa22929c9 Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

Hello,

I noticed some items are "In Stock", but how do I add them to the cart?
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/blondie9999/

73 Eric

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Hello,

I noticed some items are "In Stock", but how do I add them to the cart?
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/blondie9999/

73 Eric

Click on the item's image to go to the product page, you should be able to add it to your cart from the product page.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,492
    edited December 1969

What sort of "doesn't work" are you experiencing? Mine is missing several items.

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Dana

On top of the page, the list of items in my wishlist are 66 items right now. And back when it worked, I could check what I had when I added a lot of 3D Universe's toon-items into the cart. When I open it right now, the list shows like 10 items.... 66 items, which I previously could access, and now 10 items (while still showing 66 items on top besides "My Wishlist" - there's a serious disconnect here going on.

edited December 1969

What sort of "doesn't work" are you experiencing? Mine is missing several items.

Maybe they've 'vaulted' several items, which means we both miss things in our wish-lists. So, yeah, doesn't work seems to be the right terminology.

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Dana

On top of the page, the list of items in my wishlist are 66 items right now. And back when it worked, I could check what I had when I added a lot of 3D Universe's toon-items into the cart. When I open it right now, the list shows like 10 items.... 66 items, which I previously could access, and now 10 items (while still showing 66 items on top besides "My Wishlist" - there's a serious disconnect here going on.

Aside from the advice to log out (on the forums and on your account) and log in again, I can't help you. It's astonishing that this crap is still happening to people. I'm just flabbergasted!

Dana

edited September 2012

Well, it was obviously something obvious, so I tried, but that didn't help. The error isn't on my end as it used to work, and now don't.

Post edited by Norse Graphics on