Mimic Pro tutorials

Hello fellow Carrarians! Does anyone know where I can find a good Mimic tutorial for custom built models?

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

+1 - always wondered the same thing

wikitime said:

Hello fellow Carrarians! Does anyone know where I can find a good Mimic tutorial for custom built models?

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

Hi,

I think that Mimic pro is made for DAZ figures, I don't use it so much but it could be usefull sometime.

I prefer to import the sound into Carrara and create some keyframes with the morphes to match the sound.

You can follow these threads on Carrarators if you want : http://www.bond3d.byethost18.com/index.php?board=3.0

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Thank you!

DUDU said:

Hi,

I think that Mimic pro is made for DAZ figures, I don't use it so much but it could be usefull sometime.

I prefer to import the sound into Carrara and create some keyframes with the morphes to match the sound.

You can follow these threads on Carrarators if you want : http://www.bond3d.byethost18.com/index.php?board=3.0

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

Mimic Pro for Carrara ,.

Allows you to model a character in Carrara,. create some morphs for the facial expressions and the main mouth shapes,. then you create a bunch of NLA Poses,. these Poses of the different mouth shapes, or expressions,. can be linked to the Mimic plugin for the phonemes,.

Once you've matched your face shape NLA poses to the appropriate sound,

you load the sound (Wav) file into Carrara's sequencer timeline,. and run Mimic,. which analyzes the sounds and creates a series of NLA clips, to match the sound.

It also works with Daz3D figures,.using their morphs, and a DMC (Daz Mimic Configuration) file,.to load the phonemes for voice sync.

• 3DAGE,

I'll have to give that a try. I'll make a youtube tutorial if I get it to work. :)

• you can also edit the mimic default dmc file in notepad puting in your morphs so long as the figure is a cr2 file, I have done this with many Poser figures that crash the Mimic pro standalone (no longer available anyway) and its much faster than creating NLA clips in Carrara though of course that works too and not just for Poser content, it can be anything made into an animation group even objects for trippy voice driven effects.

is a video I did using NLA clips for the ball movements driven by the music wav file in Mimic for Carrara, I added the movementsof the different balls to different phonemes)

(the rest being a midi piano from Renderosity and a spectrum creator)

• Hard to believe, but DAZ actually have a snippet of documentation on how to use it step by step:

Once you've installed MimicPro for Carrara,. you should have a PDF Manual,. which is much more helpful. with pics,.

It should be in,... Carrara/CarraraHelp/MimicProDoc.pdf

If you use DIM,. you can select mimic there,. then right click and select View installed files,. to see where your files are. you can click on the MimicProDoc.pdf to open it.

Hope it helps.

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235
    ToeJam said:
    is a video I did using NLA clips for the ball movements driven by the music wav file in Mimic for Carrara, I added the movementsof the different balls to different phonemes)

(the rest being a midi piano from Renderosity and a spectrum creator)

I love the way your mind works ToeJam!!

Ditto on that. :)