Path extrusions coming out "wonky"

2»

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

HI  Mitovo :)

We are genuinely helpful here,. but somehow you mis-read the references to the manual as rude, because of a previous experience elsewhere,. but please don't,. it was actually a reference to a Past Carrara master,. Brian, who had a habit of using that abreviation. 

I don't think that being told to read the manual is actually indented to be rude, as such,. it's legitimately good advice.

I've been using Carrara for years, and I still occasionally reference the manual,. but as dartanbeck pointed out,. there are a lot of helpful threads here with great information.

You should look though some of the other threads here,. they're all answering questions, and offering advice in a helpful manner.

We all ask, and answer questions here.

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634
    edited September 2016

Ask Please. I have learned from your questions... they are helpful to myself and I hope to others also. Perhaps I'm too eager to help and possibly in my eagerness I like to mention other sources for learning for learning also... Consider those suggestions only.

None of your questions are at all annoying! Your Path extrusion question was very interesting. Thanks to 3DAGE for pointing out the right method to use to create the countertop you wanted. I will have to play around with the other extrusion methods now that I know to look to the right side panel.

I'm looking forward to your next question... and also to what I'll learn from the answers to it.

Keep Asking... Please!

Post edited by wgdjohn on
  • I learnt something this thread I may not have had you not asked and as I said I hate the RTFM types attitude.

I hope we do not give you that impression of us at all. heart

Forums are for asking stuff.

• 3DAGE said:

Path sweep does work,. it's just using the default,. not the next option (see pic)

look on the right hand side panel,. after selecting the sweep path tool,.. but before you click to select your path line,. you'll see options fo the tool./ the second option does straighrt lines and sharp corners.Well, certainly 

I did not see that before, lol, but I hardly ever model in Cararra, so what do I know laugh

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

Hi FifthElement :)

I did not see that before, lol, but I hardly ever model in Cararra

perhaps that's why you don't,. LOL

so what do I know

More than many :)

As long as we keep learning something new each day,. that's a good indicator that we''re still alive.

today i'm learning that my spelling needs work,.

• Hey 3DAGE,

Actually, I started modeling in Wings and Silo before I got Carrara (used Bryce for rendering then), so I never got into it, modeling in Silo was always a breeze, it just clicked so well with me that I never felt need to use Carrara's modeler for more then few adjustments here and there smiley

• WsCGWsCG Posts: 391

Hi folks

So, sorry for flying off the handle there. Some of you were exactly right. Because of the past experiences I've had elsewhere, with communities of people who are more eager to put someone down than be helpful (or just not answer at all), I'd been on the defensive. My apologies, and thanks for being understanding/patient in your replies.

I'm gonna go back and edit that post down 'cause it's really kinda pointless now.

Not much else to say, I guess lol.

Thanks again

• WsCGWsCG Posts: 391
    Mitovo said:
    wgdjohn said:

Dumbness on my part. Disregard.