Why not a "Melody" for Genesis 3?

Since Lady LittleFox has released "Star" for the Genesis 3 female, what is the possibility (read "feasibility") of "Melody" (LLF's anthropomorphic/furry character originally based upon Aiko 3) for the G3 female?

If anything could tempt me to "switch teams" and start using DAZ Studio and its Genesis figures, a cute, cartoon catgirl for G3F would be it.

Sincerely,

Bill

Comments

• Hmm... Perhaps she could be persuaded to do so. I wasn't sure if she would actually follow through with it all when I first saw the Star! for G3F stuff on Facebook.

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123

And Micah too, please.

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,585
    Ostadan said:

And Micah too, please.

Oh, but of course.  How else will they propagate their species and subjugate the planet with their cuteness, ruling it with a fuzzy fist?

Sincerely,

Bill

• This would be a great must-buy idea, but what about the feasibility of recreating my (quite large) existing menagerie of Melody/Micah critter characters? I'd love to have the flexibility and shaping options of G3, but it's been so long since I put those characters together, I'm not sure if I remember all the steps I took and where I got all the bits and pieces.

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    Redfern said:

Since Lady LittleFox has released "Star" for the Genesis 3 female, what is the possibility (read "feasibility") of "Melody" (LLF's anthropomorphic/furry character originally based upon Aiko 3) for the G3 female?

If anything could tempt me to "switch teams" and start using DAZ Studio and its Genesis figures, a cute, cartoon catgirl for G3F would be it.

Sincerely,

Bill

You could always ease into it gently by trying her Melody for Genesis.2: http://www.daz3d.com/melody-2-0

-- Walt Sterdan

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,953

wsterdan does that actually work with Genesis 2 or do you need to transfer the morph from V4??

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315
    carrie58 said:

wsterdan does that actually work with Genesis 2 or do you need to transfer the morph from V4??

It works quite well with Gen2 without any V4 input.

Joy of Life 002.jpg
    2000 x 2400 - 4M
    Joy II - Friends.jpg
    2800 x 3920 - 8M
    carrie58 said:

As Petercat says, it doesn't actually need V4 at all. This isn't a morph, it's a new head, ears and tail, so you can parent it to any figure. To make use of the textures for the body, whatever body you choose to use needs to be able to accept V4 maps (though with a little work those can be converted too).

-- Walt Sterdan

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,585

While I appreciate the artistry Lady LittleFox puts into her works, I feel (personal opinion, of course) that "Melody 2" was an inferior followup to the original.  Of course, it can be debated Mel' 2 has the advantage of being just a head that can be parented to any figure.  But that means one has to deal with obvious "seam,s where the head intersects the neck of the chosen figure.  This issue is compounded by the fact the ears are also separate parts from the head.  Now, LittleFox countered the point by claiming hair props would hide obvious intersection issues and a bit of "postwork" could be done if the character does not sport any "hair".  All well and good if the final depiction is a still, but would prove almost impossibly problematic if one is doing animation.

A conforming pectoral and belly "ruff" (fluffy fur elements) was promised, but was abandoned.  Neither were any various "genus" morphs developed (to depict canines, rodents, lapines, vulpines, etc.) as with the original release.  In short, Melody 2 just did not get the development and expansion as did Melody 1.

My hope for a Genesis 3 version would be an "integrated" character once more.  Ears with polygons that blend into the scalp.  A tail "fused" with the hip.  Additional morphs to depict a variety of mammalian species.  I mean, if G3F can be morphed so radically as to look like the original stand-alone "Star", can't it be morphed into a "cute" anthro' character?

Sincerely,

Bill

True, a full Melody and Micah set for Genesis 3 would be awesome, and will hopefully arrive someday. Would Cheetah Girl help at all, knowing you can mix in soon toonier morphs for a cuter version? The authors also showed some hopefully-still-coming other morphs here:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/1159066/#Comment_1159066

-- Walt Sterdan

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,769

I would love a genesis 3 version.

• WandererWanderer Posts: 957
    edited February 2017

Oops! Wrong thread... But anyway, any word on a Melody 3?

Post edited by Wanderer on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,769
    Wanderer said:

Oops! Wrong thread... But anyway, any word on a Melody 3?

Please make a Melody for genesis 3!