Tiling texture, when it shouldn't

VarselVarsel Posts: 574
edited October 2016 in Carrara Discussion

These are the shoes in this set : http://www.daz3d.com/tuxedo-for-genesis-2-male-s

By some strange reason the texturemaps are tiling and distorted.

When looking at the object in the vertex modeller, the texture are the way they are supposed to be.

But in the assembly, shader and render rooms, they are tiling, or distorted.

Does anyone have any good ide whats going on here ?

Untitled-2.jpg
910 x 895 - 355K
Post edited by Varsel on

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

it looks like geograft uv issue bug.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

It could also be the "must untick map U Values" UV issue that we see a lot in Stonemason sets. Regardless, it's worth a look at the UV map.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

i'se still suspecting a bug with the heirarchal material feature, but haven't proved or disproved 

mebbe a run through uvmapper classic, to save it in a traditional uvset.

• VarselVarsel Posts: 574

Thanks to both of you.

I think it is as MistyMist said, a geograft issue.

When I import without parenting, they are ok. But when parenting, the toes on the G2 disappears, and the shader get scrambled.

I guess there is nothing to do about that, until C9 comes out..... laugh

Untitled-2.jpg
    930 x 621 - 111K
  • 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

HI Varsel :)

Could you also take a little time to report that as an issue,

it's important for Daz3D to know what works and what doesn't,. and this issue seems to only affect some G2 products,.

Thanks in advance

Andy :) 

• VarselVarsel Posts: 574

Offcourse  Andy.  Should have though off that. Will do as soon as I'm finish with ReaLife  work.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

There is a work-around that we've figured out with another object like this. 

Since there's obviously some kind of script issue which is causing the problem, we eliminate the script. Here's how:

Find the Data folder which contains the geometry for the product. We're looking for an OBJ file for the product.

Import that obj into Daz Studio with the appropriate base figure, like Genesis 2 male(?)

Use Morph Loader Pro to turn the obj into a conforming item for the base figure (here's a video if you've never done it - its fast and simple)

(for this, you can skip to around 7:30 in the video. Before that I'm babbling about setting up in Carrara, modeling, then exporting - then importing into DS)

When you'd done, just save it back to your DS library (I'd recommend the same location as the original but change the name somewhat, like if it was Tux Shoes, maybe Tux Shoes Car - just makes it easier to find months or years from now) and you should have a working pair of shoes, but with poke-through from Genesis 2 Male's toes - so make them invisible in Carrara! ;)

Fixed! Easy, simple (especially once you try it a few times) and even a bit fun! :)

Cheers Varsel and good luck!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

You could also just export the shoes from Carrara as an OBJ, just as I do in the video above with the shirt. The process will eliminate the rigging. I mention the Data folder above to skip that whole uneccessary step. But if you just can't find the OBJ, don't let that stop you... just follow the whole video and pretend that you've modeled the shoes yourself!