Animation in DS 4.5

dazzer77dazzer77 Posts: 0
edited November 2012 in New Users

Hello there.

It's been several years now that I have been looking at DAZ Studio, and I never really did anything on it for one simple reason - animation is very weak compared to Poser.

Here's the thing: I like to do animations as an incentive to kids soccer training, and that involves animating some 10-15 actors (plus clothes) over 500 to 1000 frames. Don't really care that much about rendering quality, but need to manage a lot of keys without making that a full time job for me (I do that on a volunteer basis).

This is barely achievable in Poser, but it is achievable, thanks to a very functional timeline window. I tried this in DAZ 3 and DAZ 4, and I found it just horribly difficult and time-consuming, as it was too difficult to visualize where the key frames are and too complicated to manage the key frames when they reach in the thousands count.

Which brings to my question in DAZ 4.5. Did it improve animations? Is it feasible to produce long scenes with a dozen actors? Appreciate up front any advice you guys can offer.

Post edited by dazzer77 on

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

dazzer77 said:
    Hello there.

It's been several years now that I have been looking at DAZ Studio, and I never really did anything on it for one simple reason - animation is very weak compared to Poser.

Here's the thing: I like to do animations as an incentive to kids soccer training, and that involves animating some 10-15 actors (plus clothes) over 500 to 1000 frames. Don't really care that much about rendering quality, but need to manage a lot of keys without making that a full time job for me (I do that on a volunteer basis).

This is barely achievable in Poser, but it is achievable, thanks to a very functional timeline window. I tried this in DAZ 3 and DAZ 4, and I found it just horribly difficult and time-consuming, as it was too difficult to visualize where the key frames are and too complicated to manage the key frames when they reach in the thousands count.

Which brings to my question in DAZ 4.5. Did it improve animations? Is it feasible to produce long scenes with a dozen actors? Appreciate up front any advice you guys can offer.

depend on your computer to start with
    and no the timeline is not any better in DS4.5 - render time is much faster
    you could buy the aniMate plugin - that will help you a lot