NnnnnNNooOOoOO!!!!! I Deleted a face!

ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
edited November 2012 in New Users

So I've been editing a model in hexagon and spent hours working on it, all the shading domains and UV maps are set and then I noticed I had somehow accidentally deleted a face on the model. Is there a way I can get that face back without collapsing the UV maps and domains?

WOOT! Turns out the face wasn't deleted after all, it was just accidentally set to the same domain as one that was a transparent material. But if I should accidentally delete a face at some time is there a way to fix it without collapsing the maps?

Post edited by ghastlycomic on

Comments

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,693
    edited November 2012

Oh my, I can so relate to how you felt ><<br /> I am looking for an external HD because I have so much costly material now on my pc that I have nightmares of my HD crashing and loosing it all Oo

Awesome you got your face back :D

Post edited by Sylvan on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Estroyer said:
    Oh my, I can so relate to how you felt ><<br /> I am looking for an external HD because I have so much costly material now on my pc that I have nightmares of my HD crashing and loosing it all Oo

Awesome you got your face back :D

Don't settle for keeping it on just one drive...external drives have a much higher failure rate, so having your important data on multiple drives is much better than a single drive.

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,693
    edited December 1969

I barely have the cash for one drive XD
    I'll burn some dvd's with the most important data...

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

Holy crap! I just had the scariest moment I've had in ages. In my blurry eyed, sleep deprived state I accidentally deleted my entire My Documents folder.

Luckily I was able to restore it simply by dragging it from the recycle bin and putting it back where it was supposed to be. But for some reason none of the content would show up in the smart content folder until I went into the Content Library and displayed every item there. one folder at a time.

That was not a pleasant sensation, especially since I'm starting to get to the point in my experimentation where I'm producing models I might want to keep.

A very close call and a good reminder for me that it's well past time I backed up that important folder again. If anyone has a defibulator model out there I think I'll download it and see if I can't get my heart started again.

:gulp: