Rigged/Animated Models

Hi Folks,

I've a model of a rigged and animated turtle that I want to animate in Bryce - is this possible?

It's in .3ds, .Max, .Obj, .Fbx format if that helps?

Thanks,

Jes

Comments

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433

"possible" yes ... "extremely tricky" certainly.

Bryce doesn't recognise rigging or dynamic type skins, but it would depend on what movement you wanted the turtle to make. It may be possble to do some pseudo-rigging using Bryce's features to get some movement.

Sadly your only other option would be to animate in Daz Studio/Poser and export each frame of the turtle as an .obj, then import each .obj into it's own frame in Bryce.

• jesjes Posts: 7

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the answer, but I've literally just solved the problem.  Apparently I needed to create the animation in DAZ and then send to Bryce.  Now, if I can just stop it freezing, I'll be happy :)

Appreciate you taking the time to answer.

Later,

Jes

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433

Mmmmm.... I may be wrong (As I never use Daz Studio) but I recall reading that Bryce's ability to import animations was lost somewhere along the way and that the latest version of Bryce wouldn't do it. If you find a way of making it work, I'd really appreciate you coming back and letting us know how you managed it so we can pass the info on to anyone else who asks. Cheers. smiley