The new Airport Island products

It has been brought up in another thread, but just in case it gets overlooked.

Each of these 4 products is half-presented as a bundle:​

• Install Types:

• Look at individual products in this bundle for install types
    •  
    •  
  •  

and they do, in fact list as content multiple 'things', but they do not list any individual products that may make up the bundle, if that is what they are.  Ths no way to determine if they are a bundle or how they may be downloaded.

Also, and a lesser issue, they all 'share' the Sea Base item.

Comments

• MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 909
    edited October 2016

OK, I am downl;oading the Airport now. It has three installers:

Airport Island - Airport Base  1.6 gig

Airport Island - Airport Building  1.4 gig

Airport Island - The Sea Base   415 meg

Edit: Sizes

Post edited by MarcCCTx on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    MarcCCTx said:

OK, I am downl;oading the Airport now. It has three installers:

Airport Island - Airport Base

Airport Island - Airport Building

Airport Island - The Sea Base

I forgot to look at the size, but they seem quite large.

I screwed up the purchase of a GC, so bought one of the Island items (can't recall which) as It's likely I'd be getting them anyway, but have yet to try and download.  Are you getting yours via DIM?

edited October 2016

Yes, this thing is ginormous.

The base is a large square with the island and water (together or seperate)

The airport...

The Airport.jpg
    430 x 350 - 93K
    edited October 2016

The villas has

Airport Island - Villa Park Base  188.5 meg

Airport Island - Villa Park Buildings 393.6 meg

Note: this does not include the main island or the sea,

The Villa.jpg
    373 x 320 - 95K
  • So, do you need to buy all four pieces or is Villa Park actually a bundle or is it a bundle, but just with all of the land pieces?  Still confused as to what I need without duplicating anything.

• We did report the install-type issue this morning.

edited October 2016

Looks to me that you need the airport to get the Island, but the other three are add ons. Though the roads to them just dead end if you're missing them. Of course you could probably work around that with one of the iray skydomes. but I can only get these two this week, so I haven't looked at the others.

Just looked at one of the individual villas. It a rather nice stand alone  (but not zeroed).

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,821

According to the readme for City Center, each product contains part, but not all, of the island base. The notes say that you may see floating mesh or odd breaks where they're designed to fit together.

• Product Notes:

• While this set can be used as a stand alone the actual island base section itself is a smaller section of the entire Airport Island. There are sections where the sets are intended to join together that may have what appears to be floating mesh if the adjacent set bases are not loaded into the scene. The base Island sections were created to layer into each other and form a complete seamless island.

I'm guessing that without the airport, maybe more of the island is visibly missing?

edited October 2016

Here's a snapshot of the Island base. It seems complete and all the other pieces are caps on top of it. So other than the dead end roads, there are no holes.

The Island.jpg
    459 x 457 - 200K
  • Thanks.  I really can't afford the whole thing, but I'd love to get that airport.  Sounds like if I can get the Airport first I have what I need to get started and then I can pick up the others as I can afford them.

I may be wrong about the sea base. Siince I am using Install Manager, once I downloaded the Sea Base it will not show again, and it's possible that all four sets come with it.

• 3DBerlin3DBerlin Posts: 105

Where are the directions on how all this is put together, I bought all 4 of the set.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,262

All the parts load in their proper relative location. If you want the full version of everything, load the ones that say "Full", but beware, it is a beast, even by today's standards.