Make a camera loader duf that doesn't wipe out existing cameras?

zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787

Camera preset scripts, as created by DS, all seem to replace all existing cameras in the scene. I want to make a camera preset that will add itself to the scene, instead. Is that possible? I don't see anything in the DUF file that seems to trigger the elimination of the other cameras. I suppose I could try faking it by changing the type to "prop" instead, but before I mess around with that, is there a supported way of doing this?

Or should I be using a .dsa script instead of .duf?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

Doesn't ctrl-click work? I haven't tried with cameras, but it does with most .duf files.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited November 2012

Yes Richard I just used Ctrl-click in DS4.5 the other day which opens a dialogue box with "Add to scene" and Replace etc etc like it does with other aspects

Post edited by Szark on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited November 2012

How come this thread shows as having two pages, page one has three posts on it, page two hasthe last two?

EDIT:

Now it has THREE pages, a multiplying thread :)

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

I don't know why the page numbering in this thread is so weird, but my last thread about render scripts does the same thing. I guess I'm just special.

In any case, yes, I know how to use ctrl-click, I'm just trying to find a way to set up a script that the user won't have to do this with, as many new users don't know about it. And I think ditching all the cameras in a scene when loading a new camera is a bit weird, to be honest. I can sort of understand this with light sets, but cameras don't interfere with one another. Set the loaded camera as the active camera, sure, but sometimes there are good reasons to have more than one camera in a scene, especially if some of them have special effects.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited November 2012

I think saving the cameras as a Scene Subset would be the only DUF-based way to do this - a .duf file is data, no logic, so unlike the script-based versions it doesn't readily admit of hacking.

Developer Discussions wasn't fixed to show page links, it still shows post links instead - annoying.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Camera Presets was a thing I had never thought about before, and I just tried saving with a Face cam and a few others as a Preset. It works really well saving multiple cameras, and if you use the same ones over and over, a Camera Preset is a great idea.

I'm glad I saw this thread.