GenX backwards conversion - G3F to G2F

G3F to G2F convertion attempt gives strange resaults - the character looks crumpled, it has folds like a shar-pei dog.

Is there a way to make it work correctly?

Comments

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421

I'm sure if you installed JUST DAZ3D, just GenX and the modules, and JUST the character you are trying to transfer - that would solve the problem. DAZ3D is like Windows - the more you use it, the more things that get added to the mix - the less likely things are to work as they should. 

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300

The developer of GenX passed away a few years ago, and there is no longer support for this product.  If you are having unsurmountable issues, request a refund.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited July 2022

I thought the GenX Plugin was not working in DS 4.20? Anyone actually got it to work? I tried but the source button is grayed out.

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,183

I have it working in the 4.20.0.17 beta. It needed a little wrangling on the install manifest to add Public Build to the install channels, and copy the %APPDATA%/GenX2 folder in "Studio4" to "Studio4 Public Build".

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,933

It should still work in 4.20

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Hm, atleast that's good news. So is this a Mac Monterey thing then? 

Can't help with that, Sven...

@lagrange, I tried a reverse from G3F to G2F, no problem. I used G3F Talisken, who has a few, how shall I say, pronounced morphs, especially in the face. Normal and Una heads are almost flawless. With the G3 UV conversion kit for G2, I can barely tell them apart when textured.

As @donovancolbert said, less is more. I have most of my morphs disabled using Turbo Loader, and only transfer the character or morphs in question.

Talisken GenX2 Front.jpg
    400 x 320 - 23K
    Talisken (Una) GenX2 Front.jpg
    400 x 320 - 23K

Ack! Just noticed the date of the original post. I guess it went unnoticed at the time...