New User Materials Tab Question

ArcaneFaeryArcaneFaery Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

Hello all,

I recently picked up Hexagon and was working through a beginner's tutorial successfully until I hit some directions that said to
click a small blue arrow in the middle of the workspace window on the left side, which would cause the Materials window to come out.

I did that, and it only caused the panels to disappear and make the workspace larger. I went to the Window menu option after I put my panels back, and chose to open the Materials window, but nothing new showed up in my panels. I tried to close down some panels and repeat, but still no Materials window.

Does anyone have any answers for how to make the Materials panels/window/palette show up for me?

Thanks!

Comments

• edited June 2012

I recently picked up Hexagon and was working through a beginner's tutorial successfully until I hit some directions that said to click a small blue arrow in the middle of the workspace window on the left side, which would cause the Materials window to come out. I did that, and it only caused the panels to disappear and make the workspace larger. I went to the Window menu option after I put my panels back...

Ummm....those panels on the left that disappeared and made the workspace larger when you clicked the little blue arrow ARE the materials windows!

If you look at them you'll see that the upper panel is labeled "Material" and the lower panel is labeled "Shading domains".

Clicking the little blue arrow is a toggle function: If the windows are open, it closes them and if they are closed, it opens them. :)

To use them you have to have a model selected in your workspace. You can then assign materials to it (or it may already have materials assigned to it).

You'll end up with these assigned materials listed in the upper left window. Selecting a material there causes a properties box for the material to appear. From this you can select colors or assign texture maps to it.
    Post edited by emfederin_9bc0c524c8 on