RDNA's Terradome in DS?

jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
edited December 1969 in The Commons

does anyone know if RDNA's Terradome product will work in DS 4.5?

http://www.runtimedna.com/Runtime-DNA-s-TerraDome.html

Does it rely on Python scripts to load? (in which case, no won't work in DS)

I'm used to adjusting mats/materials for use, so that's ok, but will they load at all?

Do the morphs work in DS?

I realize the lights will not work - or at least, need MAJOR adjusting - but I have DS specific lights so that's ok.

Comments

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

It uses python for some settings, so you would have to create it in Poser and save a scene then load that into DS.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited November 2012

Hey Jaki. From what I saw on the product page, and what I read in the Basic User's Guide PDF I downloaded, I don't think any Python scripts are used. I did notice Colm listed DAZ Studio as "not supported". That doesn't necessarily mean it won't work. The basic TerraDome set is not a new product, so back when it was created, supporting DAZ Studio wasn't on everyone's "to-do" list.

I know that doesn't necessarily help you, but hopefully someone who does have it and DS 4.5 can tell you for sure one way or the other. I have IC3 and MicroCosm, but never bought the TerraDome set.

Edited to Add: I guess I don't type fast enough. :-) I see now there is some use of Python scripting.

Post edited by Miss B on
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    Hey Jaki. From what I saw on the product page, and what I read in the Basic User's Guide PDF I downloaded, I don't think any Python scripts are used. I did notice Colm listed DAZ Studio as "not supported". That doesn't necessarily mean it won't work. The basic TerraDome set is not a new product, so back when it was created, supporting DAZ Studio wasn't on everyone's "to-do" list.

I know that doesn't necessarily help you, but hopefully someone who does have it and DS 4.5 can tell you for sure one way or the other. I have IC3 and MicroCosm, but never bought the TerraDome set.

I have the product, the python is there.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited November 2012

Miss B said:

I have the product, the python is there.

Yes, I just noticed your post and edited mine. ;-)

Post edited by Miss B on
    edited December 1969

No problem. I found some of the some of the stuff didn't load in DS so that's when I had to set it up Poser. Maybe I have to tweak it more, but I didn't like the way it came out in DS.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

hmmm i may pass then. I don't use Poser - so if it loaded the set, the materials and the morphs into DS then I could use it, with tweaking of the mats/materials. But if it uses the Python scripts for any of those things, then I'll have to pass.

Thanks for the info!