Hair Extensions and Pony Tail add ons

I don't know if this has been done before, but I would like to see pony tails and other extention hair props that can be added to ANY existing hair of any generation of figure. The product could have a variety of styles, and be made in a way so that it can easily copy/paste the textures of most hairs it is being added on. You could use any hair shader preset on it and the hair it is attached to to make a perfect match.

This would allow a user to place a pony tail ANYWHERE on a hair. Or anything! Put a pony tail on pair of pants, pin the tail on a donkey. Use it as a tassel. Twin tails?? How about 3 or 4 tails!! Word! The props would come with a very wide variety of shaping and movement morphs to allow people to use them in all sorts of situations. The props could also come with a variety of ties and bows, because you'll be needing those, too.

This would also be the kind of product that would be easy to create additional add ons later on. Add an anime tail expansion, and so on.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

Check existing products to see if you can simply hide the base part of the hair, then you might be able to use just the ponytail portion in combination with a second hair product.

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679
    sriesch said:

Check existing products to see if you can simply hide the base part of the hair, then you might be able to use just the ponytail portion in combination with a second hair product.

I've actually done that. And then because the hair you attach is not placed like it normally would be (since the point of this is placing a tail where you want it to be,) you are at the mercy of the morph options it has that were probably not designed for the position you place it in. It would be ten times easier to have one product that has a variety of just tails and morphs to choose from. Plus bows. It would be like the Ultimate Hair Add On Pack, or something.

I guess I'm the only person who thinks this way.

• No look at MAB's manga hair pack for Genesis. Would be nice if they had updated for G2 and G3 but my guess is it didn't sell well enough.
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580
    No look at MAB's manga hair pack for Genesis. Would be nice if they had updated for G2 and G3 but my guess is it didn't sell well enough.

Are you referring to this one?  http://www.daz3d.com/hairdresser-modular-hair

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited November 2017
    No look at MAB's manga hair pack for Genesis. Would be nice if they had updated for G2 and G3 but my guess is it didn't sell well enough.

Are you referring to this one?  http://www.daz3d.com/hairdresser-modular-hair

I'm trying use this product, and I can't get the hair to look anywhere near the promos, either in 3Delight or Iray. The hair just looks like clay instead of the strands shown in the promos. Does this product no longer work correctly in newer versions of DAZ?

Modular Hair.JPG
    581 x 777 - 99K
    Post edited by Llynara on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,389

Looks like the transparency map is not applied

Thanks, I'll fiddle some more

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

There are a couple of products over at Rosity that might suit you. Search for ponytail and extension and you'll find them wink

edited November 2017

I found it! I totally missed this earlier. I went straight to the textures, not realizing you had to apply a base underneath. There are probably instructions somewhere (that of course, I didn't read, LOL)

Modular apply first.JPG
    535 x 354 - 42K
    Post edited by Llynara on