Body hair for men

AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,153
edited November 2016 in Product Suggestions

Now that we have such realistic looking men, eyebrows, beards and fibermesh hair, how about some fibermesh body hair for the Genesis 3's? Chest, arm, leg, armpits....even top of the foot, back of the hand and fingers and toes. Even across top of the shoulders and back because hey....some men are that hairy (and for the more monsterish characters). LOL. I know it'd be an instant buy for me ;).

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on

Comments

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581

Real hairy for G2M can be autofitted to genesis 3 and includes everything you mentioned.

• JimbowJimbow Posts: 557

I use Real Hairy as well, even for women (the hand and knuckle hairs). I also use Exnem's female body hair for things like neck hair on G3M. The only issue with Real Hairy is the gaps for the nipples are too high for G3M, so you might want to knock up a filler using Garibaldi or LAMH if you have those plugins.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,600

Real hairy is okay but can be patchy on gen 3. I do use it though. Would like to avoid auto fitting and have a native gen 3 0. Product.  You can buy peoducts by redz on rendo which have gen 3 fibermesh hair

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032
    edited November 2016

I have the Real Hairy for Genesis and it works OK but it slows down DAZ and in some places the hair is no auto-fitted to it's area properly so I bought DAZ Studio's version of hair wigs for Genesis but haven't tried to use it yet.

Although I don't use these hair products that often, they are sort of like having the anatomical elements, they are good to have on hand and known how to use if you do use them. I spent like 4 hours the other day once again learning how to use another DAZ Studio add-on product I had used before and forgotten how to use it, what it was called, where it was located, ... Ugh!

Anyway, I agree with Serene Night - I would like to see Genesis 3 Male & Female products for various levels of hirsutedness (I hate looking up how to spell words on Google because of the fake Urban Dictionary site trolls the results with their fake meanings and spellings). I imagine someone will eventually do that using the LAMB tools.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

Exnem has a G3F body hair at Rendo. It's very good. There's also a peach fuzz/vellus product.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    Jimbow said:

Exnem has a G3F body hair at Rendo. It's very good. There's also a peach fuzz/vellus product.

Peach fuzz is pretty darn nice...and for what it is, surprisingly not a huge hit on render times.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,153

Was more looking for something for the gents ;). 

Is Real Hairy fiber based or image based? I definitely don't want image based.

Laurie

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,869
    AllenArt said:

Laurie

It's fiber based. The only issues I've run into with autofitting it to G3M are that the location of the nipples and navel changed between generations. The nipples in the chest hair are much more noticeable than the navel in the happy trail. And the nipple hair set itself is more or less unusable on G3M, understandably, given those location issues.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited November 2016
    vwrangler said:
    AllenArt said:

Laurie

It's fiber based. The only issues I've run into with autofitting it to G3M are that the location of the nipples and navel changed between generations. The nipples in the chest hair are much more noticeable than the navel in the happy trail. And the nipple hair set itself is more or less unusable on G3M, understandably, given those location issues.

The issue with the nipple position is also with the G2M product as well but wasn't fixed, so it's not just from autofitting to G3M. (It's noticable when you're using Gianni 6) I usually use the chest hair that doesn't cover those areas, though running it through a modeler, you can make a morph yourself to correct it. However it's probably the most complete body hair product that is available. Also since it's been a while since I've seen this PA, it's probably your only bet for G3M. (I'm going to guess that instead of doing a G3M version he went back and did a Genesis 1 version and those lower sales may have had something to do with possibly making further sets)

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
  • I would love a fiber mesh body hair thingy for g3 dudes as well! (and something that could be used on girls would be nice too, speaking as a lady who doesn't shave her legs). Because I'm lazy, I always prefer "works out of the box with factory settings" g3 products ;)

lain105 said:

and something that could be used on girls would be nice too

It's already available at Rendo by Exnem.

• Well would you look at that. I've never spent any time on renderosity, cool site!

since it works like clothing... could I use DAZ's built in auto fitting stuff to get something on guys, at least as a stopgap until one of my wishlist products go on sale? Nipple placement etc would be off I suspect but if I had the product already...

Yes. Don't expect it to work brilliantly on G3M, but it is possible. Peach Fuzz also works.

For these fibre mesh hairs it's not just 'Real Hairy' that you'll have trouble autofitting to the correct areas. Try Oh My Brows from Rendo with a brow & forehead that is not one of the presets and pretty far off from those and you'll be spending a bit of time rotating around the character and adjusting the fit of the eyebrows to get them flat on the brow ridge and at the correct height. And I frustratingly find out that I have to shrink or expand with FBM regular non-fibre mesh hairs from Genesis or Genesis 2 because autofit didn't quite fit flush.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

And I frustratingly find out that I have to shrink or expand with FBM regular non-fibre mesh hairs from Genesis or Genesis 2 because autofit didn't quite fit flush.

I prefer to scale down a little and then throw on a Smoothing modifier.  If you scale to where parts are just bellow the surface, the smoothing (doesn't have to be much) will 'snap' it to the 'outside'.  This also works with some fiber products...

Thanks