issues with genesis 6 and carrara

First let me say that my downlaod manager account won't recognize my password, so I am waiting for DAZ to get back to me on that. They said within three days.

Nevertheless, I am trying to migrate from Victoria4 to 6, i.e. Genesis 2. I am currently at the office and operating from memory(shaky). AT home, at lunch,  I manually downloaded and unzipped the files into my regular runtime. In Carrara, there is no "people" subfolder, only the previously exisiting "figures," which is where I used to load Vic 4 from (under "DAZ people" subfolder). There was no "genesis" or "Victoria 6" option under "DAZ People). I have read that I should go the 2 content folders to the right end of my tags at the bottom of the screen. There, I also find subfolders that look promising, but there is no "Genesis" subfolder. There is a "people" folder, but no genesis. I know that download manager probably installs this stuff where it can be seen, but that is not available. Can someone give me (62 years old) CLEAR instructions where to download the zipped Genesis 2 Male and Female, etc zip files so that Carrara can see them?

Also, I thought I might locate the DUF file (under people) which I believe i did for Genesis and then create a new runtime for Carrara to link to, but the option to create a new runtime (far right lower corner of Carrara screen) is greyed out and not an option.

Dead in the water at the moment, eppreciate help.

Jay

Comments

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited November 2016

The complete file list from the Genesis 2 Starter Essentials, and where each file goes, is listed here: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/16280/file_list

The top level folder should usually be called something like "My Library."  On my computer it is called "E:/My Library" and all the subfolders listed at that link are inside of that My Library folder.  So for example, the first thing on the list is "/Camera Presets/Shaded Haven/Cam 01.duf" - on my computer that looks like "E:/My Library/Camera Presets/Shaded Haven/Cam 01.duf"  Once you have everything in those locations you should be able to use the Auto-detect Runtimes option in Carrara to make the My Library folder appear in the Content tab.

Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on
  • Thanks, I am making progress.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

Sweet!