How avoid double rotation of prop passing from 360º to 0º

JavPJavP Posts: 121

I have a script that change the rotation of props from frame x to frame ( x+15 ). Daz fills the middle frames and here is the problem:

If the prop pass the rotation from 348º to 358º ok.

But passing from 358º to -10º, it puts 368º and DAZ adds an unwanted full rotation of the prop ??

I suppose DAZ tries to convert the 368º to -10º adding a full rotation of 360º to adjust his numbers. How to avoid this adjust extra rotation ?

Post edited by JavP on

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

It's all down to how the rotation limits are set up.  Some are -180 to 190, others are 0 to 360.  The only way I can think of is to turn off the limits for the prop.

And I'll admit to being lazy and not checking/changing them, myself, on items I make.

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,549

The problem is that you're mixing positive and negative numbers. Since -10º is less than 358º the script is rotating 358º -> 0º -> -10º. If you convert -10º to 350º first, you'll probalbly get 358º -> 350º.

• JavPJavP Posts: 121
    edited November 2016

No way... all the props in negative rotated by hand to positive values ( all between 0 and 360 ), second putted limits to all their properties rotate Z between 0 and 360. Result, now all the props touched, rotate full new rotations of 360.

Not in the frames created by my script ( important !! ) The full rotation pass In the empty frames filled by DAZ in the timeline between the key frames created by the script. angry The question of why he can't pass from 360 to 0 in props/properties where there are not negative values is a mistery.

Post edited by JavP on