adjust the intensity of the glow channel

swordvisionsswordvisions Posts: 124
edited November 2016 in Carrara Discussion

I have a texture map in the the glow channel but I need to up the intensity. It has been a while and I can't remember how to do it or if it is even possible

Post edited by swordvisions on

Comments

• use an operator like multiply and 0-100 in the second channel

• swordvisionsswordvisions Posts: 124
    edited November 2016

Thanks, that is not quite getting me the effect that I am looking for but it may be my only option

Post edited by swordvisions on
  • DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

With your texture, you could also make a Black and White picture (with grey scale) or a color of your choice, play with the contrast and luminosity into a program like Photoshop (or After effects if it's an animated texture).

Remember that you can discrease the intensity in a channel with a texture inside so if it's to bright, you don't need to go back in PS..

• ToeJam said:

use an operator like multiply and 0-100 in the second channel

Try using the 0-10,000 in the second channel and bump it up to 3-400 or so and see if that helps.  This can really blow out a texture, but it definitely amps up the light. :)

• MDO2010 said:
    ToeJam said:

Try using the 0-10,000 in the second channel and bump it up to 3-400 or so and see if that helps.  This can really blow out a texture, but it definitely amps up the light. :)

Definitely not good on TV screen if you still wanna see the texture, AnythingGlows is better, but it renders slower ..

Did you notice that glow still illuminates scene even if object is ticked invisible if GI is used ? Wierd, one of those Carrara bugs which will never be fixed smiley

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    ToeJam said:

Instead, use ADD and copy the same map in the second source