Certain morphs not working in Genesis 2 figures

Admittedly, I am still in the infancy of migrating from V4 to Genesis 2. When I apply a morph (such as awesome eyes) to a Genesis 2 figure (Giselle for Genesis 2), The entire eye turns solid black. Whether I have Giselle highlighted and double click, or drag the morph from the tray to the character, or to the head in the right hand list - same result. Does the same when I try to apply some skins = solid black.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Jay

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited November 2016
    jmlazgar said:

Admittedly, I am still in the infancy of migrating from V4 to Genesis 2. When I apply a morph (such as awesome eyes) to a Genesis 2 figure (Giselle for Genesis 2), The entire eye turns solid black. Whether I have Giselle highlighted and double click, or drag the morph from the tray to the character, or to the head in the right hand list - same result. Does the same when I try to apply some skins = solid black.

Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Jay

its the DAZ 3Delight or iray shaders in duf format not working in Carrara, depending on how the PA saved them, they can do that.

Poser format works if you can find an accompanying DSON companion file in your runtime poses folder, some Genesis stuff has them, not every Genesis 2 does as they started abandoning Poser in droves by then in which case applying DZdefault in DAZ studio and saving the figure as a scene subset might be better and opening that in Carrara. Also save at base resolution for easy loading you can up the rendering subdivision after.

Invest in the Carrara shaders by http://www.daz3d.com/ringomonfort for less hastle, wishlist as often on sale, can just drag to the coloured ball at the top of shader tree for the model as long as correct UV applied, that you must do by loading the character.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

As Wendy (Toejam) says, it is the way that the default settings for skin in Studio are translated to Carrara.  I buy and use G2M and G2F character skins in Carrara, but I have to do a one time adjustment first.  I go through an example here.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/1701046/#Comment_1701046

• That is perhaps the best tutorial I have ever seen on these forums...

Thanks. Tried a few settings and didn't get what I want, but now I know where I am headed.

Jay

• Is there a real tutorial on haw to use the ringo monfort shaders package, or is it quite intuitive for a novice?
    Thanks!
    Jay

• jmlazgar said:

Is there a real tutorial on haw to use the ringo monfort shaders package, or is it quite intuitive for a novice?
    Thanks!
    Jay

just drag and drop

just need to know where, from shader browser to the coloured ball not default shader, and you may need to manually add the folder to your browser if like me have your content on another drive,

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Thanks for the kind words, Jay.  After you drag and drop a Ringomonfort shader to a Daz figure's globe in the shader room of the "actor" level, go to the shader room and check out some the settings in the shader tree.  I like to think of Ringo's products as mini tutorials.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited November 2016
    jmlazgar said:

That is perhaps the best tutorial I have ever seen on these forums...

Thanks. Tried a few settings and didn't get what I want, but now I know where I am headed.

+1 yes

Post edited by Dartanbeck on